Thursday, May 30, 2013

Creature Feature and a Sketch

Hi everyone!  The pics keep piling up on my hard drive, so I best get posting, lol.

I made this card intending to enter it into two different contests.  The first is Heart 2 Heart's Creature Feature Challenge for May.  The second was Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #4, but I missed it over the weekend with all our business, oh well!  So many deadlines, so little time!  I still like the sketch.  :)


I used Close to My Heart's April Stamp of the Month to make the little "creature" to sit atop my sentiment.  I am really loving the whole puddle-pad craze.  I made this one way back when I was stamping those hot air balloons from the same stamp set and the pinwheels from this month's!  You can reminisce HERE for details. 

A bit of Stardust Glitter Glitz Gel on the wing gave him just a touch of sparkle.  :)  The Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon adds a touch of softness to the hard angles in this card.  Do you like the way I matted this one?  Instead of using an entire piece of Lagoon CS, I used strips of it to line the edges of the Kraft paper!  Awesome use of scraps!  ;)


Another touch of softness that I added is this swirly frame I stamped in Lagoon from My Acrylix D1546 Frame Flair.  I ended up popping the sentiment out a bit from the framed image...


...because I didn't like how it looked all squished on the original sized space.  I cut out a tiny bit bigger rectangle for the sentiment from C1525 Words of Comfort and now I love it! 


Have you ever worked around a space issue like this?  What did you do?  I would love to hear your solutions!

10 comments:

  1. That is a great card, and I will pin it onto the creations board for Atlantic Hearts Challenge.....hope to see you continue to play along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, do you guys have a Pinterest Board? I will have to go look! Thanks, Michelle! :)

      Delete
  2. Great card--love the stardust glitz and rainbow colors on the bird and your use of Frame Flair--great minds think alike as I just used it too with the frame popped up from the message instead of laying flat on the message as you have on the mat board. Check out my Color Dare post on 5/31/13.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, lol! When I saw your post up for the DT, I was laughing! Don't you just love Frame Flair? :)

      Delete
  3. Amie-

    Super cute card! I love the sweet rainbow bird and the glitz wing is just perfect!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything! Your border is brilliant, as is your solution to fit the sentiment in the frame! I love your puddle-pad birdie with his SPARKLE wing! I keep meaning to try puddle pads, I can't believe I still haven't. You may see it on a blog near you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, too much Facebook lately, I just tried to "like" your comment! Thanks, Jayma! I have a feeling that I will love to see what you make with a puddle pad...Shelly Nemitz got me started with her hot air balloons. :)

      Delete
  5. Love your card and the use of a puddle pad. Great use of the sketch and your scraps. As always awesome artwork! Thanks for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!