Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Born to Ride Birthday Mojo

YES!!!!  I always love it when the Mojo Monday sketch fits nicely into my current to-do list.  (AND when the card recipient doesn't read my blog!)  This one was almost too good to be true.  Trust me when I say that I needed a sketch to work off of when making the dreaded "boy"cards.  This might come easily to you in your crafty uniqueness, but for me, it just seems wrong to papercraft without blinging it up!  Soooooo hard to hold back.  My brother in law, however would undoubtedly prefer motorcycles to shimmer trim.  I will have to try to convert him at Christmas...but I digress!  On with the birthday card!  Here is my entry for Mojo Monday #292...




If you flip the sketch to the right a quarter turn, then you can see the lines and flow for my card.  I used Close to My Heart's C1483 Born to Ride My Acrylix Stamp Set to create a manly motorcycle and flames for my brother in law's birthday.   I haven't had a chance to use this Cuttlebug embossing folder until now, and I can't believe how much it looks like metal on the Slate and Whisper Cardstock!  Tell me if it is just me, lol.  ;)  The happy birthday sentiment stamped so much better than I thought it would on the embossed paper--it is from the B1417 Perfect Fit--Birthday My Acrylix.


I used some older patterned papers from CTMH for this one...my new stuff is all tooooo girlie!  For the flame, I made a puddle pad out of Ruby, Sunset, and Goldrush Reinkers.  LOVE!


Inside the card, you have to be careful while writing your message... ;)


I hope you enjoyed my walk on the wild side, lol!  Now, where's my glitter????  QUICK, I am having withdrawal symptoms!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful masculine birthday card! Love the added texture and that great flame! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! Thanks so much...that embossing folder is "boss" lol.

      Delete
  2. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!