Friday, May 17, 2013

A Scrapbook Layout for Color Dare #43

I have fallen a bit behind in my goal this year to make a layout a week.  I think I have completed four, so don't bother with the math.  ;)  I decided to put my Color Dare Design Team duties to work for me this week by completing a layout towards my goal...um, yeah, lol.

Our colors for Color My Heart's Color Dare #43 are Cranberry, Honey, and Outdoor Denim.  Totally Tommy!  I headed for my craft room to see what pics I had next in my stache...um, I mean stash!  No Mustaches in this post, lol!  ;)

I love the way this one turned out, even though *gasp* there is no bling!  It just didn't fit with the layout theme, lol.  But I love it anyway.  :)  I do know the pic is a bit large, but it was way to small at another size, so I went with this...


One of the stars of my layout besides the challenge colors, are the Milepost Shapes corrugated cardboard embellishments.  They are ON SALE right now on my website!  ONLY $1 nets you 48 shapes like the ones I used!  I also used the Scholastic and Tommy Paper Packets.  I had a lot of fun with this journal box.  I layered some vellum over the B&T paper from Tommy and used my Crop-O-Dile to chomp some holes down the side to run the Cranberry Baker's Twine through.  I just don't like the way adhesive shows through vellum, so this was a nifty solution!


I sprinkled images from another of the Tommy B&T papers all over the layout.  There are many different ones to chose from, and I cut them each by hand with my Micro-Trim Scissors.  The little wooden arrows are form the Color-Ready Trinkets Wooden Shapes.


Love the faux Washi on the B&T Duos in Scholastic!  I trimmed this one out and roughed it up to add to the pic.



The Keyboard Kraft Alphabet is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.  There are so many letters included that I might never run out! 



I hope my layout has inspired you to try this color combo!  Did you happen to notice that they are the primary colors?  ;)  

I wonder if you also notice what I left OUT of this layout?  Any guesses?  If you are the first person to guess correctly in the comments, follow my blog, and follow me on FB (link is at the top right,) then you will win your very own pack of Milepost Shapes!  You must have a mailing address in the US to win, please.  Join in the fun and tell me what I left OUT of this layout!  :)

Then, it is your turn!  Use your Close to My Heart Colors Cranberry, Honey, and Outdoor Denim or some similar substitutes to craft up a project of your own to link up with the challenge this week!  Remember to stick to the color combo for the challenge only adding your choice of NEUTRALS!  You can read up on the rules HERE in the sidebar before you start!  :)  Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you left out: captions... or you? or bling. A large title? I don't know what kind of answer you're looking for LOL. But I LOVE your layout. Tommy and Scholastic go great together, especially with those milepost shapes. I'm going to have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left out sparkle!
    Bethie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE the baker's twine to secure the vellum. I hate the way adhesive shows through, too. I am totally stealing this idea!! You've added so many other wonderful touches, it's hard to think what you could have left out. Great layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, Amie! You've put so many "extras" in it--corkboard shapes, faux washi tape, vellum, arrows, twine, parts of Tommy paper but what I love best is the photo of the group behind bars with the caption "captured moments." Very clever!
    Great job explaining how you made the layout also!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the baker's twine details! How clever to wrap it around the edge of the journaling...cute AND functional.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!