Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In Stitches at Heart 2 Heart

Ha ha!  I did it!  I used stitching on a card without stitching!  Did I loose you yet? 

Stay with me a little bit longer and I will show you!  Heart 2 Heart Challenges is having a Nip and Tuck challenge to get us all to incorporate some form of stitching in our project this week, so of course I am linking up.  Um, I feel like a stubborn 2 year old as I whine, stomp my foot, and say, NO, I don't want to stitch!  I papercraft--I do NOT sew!  My mother sews really well, but that gene seems to have skipped a generation.  So what's a girl to do? 

Stamp.  With Stitches!  ;)


I created a downpour with the Close to My Heart My Acrylix set C1459 Stitched Together.  The clouds are cut with my Cricut Artiste Cartridge and inked with Whisper a bit on the wispy/sloppy side. 


I used the Later Sk8ter Paper Packet for the plaid pattern in the umbrella...my favorite one in the pack!  


I made this sentiment using the C1494 Card Word Puzzle My Acrylix and the C1540 Hello Blooms My Acrylix.


I used a brand new toy for this card that I have been WANTING so badly to try.  It is a wafer die from My Creative Time.  If you look closely, you will see....MORE STITCHING!!!  I love it when a no-sew plan comes together!  ;)  Not sure if you can see it, but I also used a silver vinyl for the handle. 

So, about the time I was photo editing, I realized I had seen raindrop stitches before, but WHERE???  A quick glance back at the H2H April Challenges gave me the answer!  My crafty Diva friend, Jayma Malme had used hand drawn stitches in her DT example!  Go see it HERE.  LOVE!  Thanks for the awesome subconscious inspiration, Jayma!  :)

18 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love how you took the card puzzle and mixed it with Love from another set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lalia...I loved mixing it up, next time, I will get it straight, lol. ;)

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I love all the detail and how you managed stitching without sewing. I love it on your umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo, that is my favorite die, Hansi! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE how this turned out! The details are awesome...love that you used vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That vinyl has been the BEST thing ever! Well, besides glitter. ;) Thanks! I must have been uber impressed with your raindrops since it stuck!

      Delete
  4. SOOO clever to use the stitches for raindrops. I absolutely love your umbrella, too, and the oh-so a propos sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That umbrella is a fave of mine! All rain stitching was inspired by Jayma! LOVE my crafty friend's awesomeness! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Love it when a non-planned plan comes together! Darling card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling card, and great idea to use the stitching stamp for raindrops. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! I think Jayma is brilliant as well! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. Too cute! I love the stitched rain. Thanks for sharing with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Haley! No more stitching challenges...lol, jk--I love being able to stretch my imagination! And as you can see, your DT over at H2H is all about the awesome inspiration! :)

      Delete
  8. This is just too awesome! Love everything about it, Amie! Can't single out any one element to like better than another. Love it! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol...I love all the inspiration over at H2H! :)

      Delete
  9. Jayme's card was great, but I love how you interpreted it! Love your card. Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Tamytha. Jayma's must have made a lasting impression on me! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!