Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Summer Photo Bucket List with Dream Pop!

Hi everyone!  I had huge plans to scrap the day away this past Saturday, but my family didn't get the memo, lol.  Anyway, I did manage to finish up one layout for the Big Picture Classes National Scrapbook Day Creative Crop.  One of the Challenges was to create a Summer Photo Bucket List.  This was a great way to make a layout WITHOUT the pics!  Genius!

I got out my papers from Dream Pop, of course, for a wonderful Summery feel.


I was totally right this time--this B&T pattern from Dream Pop IS a perfect scrapbook page base!  ;)  If you purchased the April 2013 Stamp of the Month, My Sunshine last month, then you can make this gorgeous 3D sun too!  I used the Banana CS which has a lovely woodgrain glossy emboss on the backside.



Pinwheels are perfect for a summer layout, so I used the May 2013 Stamp of the Month, Pinwheel to create these with some fun stamping techniques.  Each bottom layer is created by using a puddle pad.  You take a baby wipe, place drops of Exclusive Ink Refill colors onto it, and then stamp away!  I used Pear, Lagoon, Gypsy, Buttercup, and Hollyhock.  I would have used Cotton Candy though if I had some!  ;)


The top layer of each pinwheel is made by stamping White Daisy Pigment Ink onto the cardstock, covering with clear embossing powder, and then heating up with a heating tool.  It turns into a shiny finish as it heats.  Super-fun and cute to boot!  ;)


Here is what the puddle pad looked like:


I could not just let that perfectly formed mess of colors go to waste, so I stamped some balloons too! (Fab idea, Shelly Nemitz!  You can see her beautiful balloons HERE.)  These shapes are from the Artiste Cartridge and are also on the My Sunshine April 2013 Stamp of the Month.  I didn't want the basket to be empty, so I added a little sparkle.  Looks like a passenger peeking out! 


These sparkly letters are from the Pixie Glitter Alphabet.  I had a minor problem, though--I was OUT of S's!  Yep, I know you see the S's down there, but they used to be 8's!  I just strategically snipped them into S's!  ;)  Silver Shimmer Trim lines the papers below for more sparkle.


Almost all of the black stamping is from the Sightseer My Acrylix Stamp Set.  It has lots of super-trendy travel images.  It went along with my page perfectly!  The flip flops are on a retired set.


The zip strips in Dream Pop are super-dreamy too!


I added my bucket list in two Polaroid style pics backed with the grey chevron glossy embossed CS from Dream Pop.  



I am so happy I participated in this challenge, because it was different from anything I have tried before.  Scrapbooking without pictures?  Who'd have thunk?  ;)

Thanks for stopping in!  If you want to get your hands on Dream Pop, do it while you can, because when they are gone this month, they are GONE!  Click HERE to see the details and shop on my website.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea ... we ALWAYS have big ideas at the beginning of summer. You can put this in your scrapbook with layouts of all these events right behind. Thanks for the shout out but I would have to turn and point to Wendy Coffman. She inspired me to finally try the puddle pad. Isn't it fun??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I adored the multi-colored one you shared. Wendy inspires me all the time. :) It is awesome how one idea gets passed around all over the place until you have no idea where it came from. We can all claim we invented them all! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!