Monday, May 13, 2013

Assembling an Artiste Matchbox Gift Made with For Always

I have to admit that I should probably actually read the assembly guide that comes with the Close to My Heart Artiste Cartridge.  I came to this conclusion when I made my final version of the Matchbox Candy Box for my sister's Mother's Day gift.  I am not sure WHY I decided to look at it, but I did.  And I had assembled it WRONG in a different way than the directions showed, lol! 

First of all, here is my sister's finished gift...


The For Always Paper Packet is super-versatile.  My sister likes yellow, so added a Buttercup stamped flower that I made using my Cricut Artiste Cartridge and the Hello Blooms My Acrylix set.  The leaves are stamped on Pear cardstock using the Just for You My Acrylix.  I will be linking this gorgeous little flower up with the H2H Challenge, May Flowers.  Finally, the sentiment that I stamped in Lagoon is in the Perfect Fit--Mom My Acrylix.



Now, here is the little change I made accidentally in how I assembled the box, and how the handbook tells you to...I left these flaps UP, and the instructions show you to adhere them down...


like so...




I feel that the flaps left up kind of give the box a bit of a sturdier feel, but less of a "finished" look, so the choice it up to you!   Here are my previous two boxes with the sides left up...



What do YOU think?  Have you tried this matchbox cut yet?  Let me know!  :)  HERE is a link to my first matchbox that has all the measurements for you!  :)








9 comments:

  1. Amie- this is amazing! I love the box of chocolates, you are making some creative projects! Love it.

    take care,
    Jeannie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, Amie! I agree that the way you assembled them by mistake does seem to give them more sturdiness so I guess it would be just a matter of preference. Thanks for sharing and joining us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not following directions...isn't that a sign of a creative mind? :) Beautiful boxes, I'm sure your sister loved it. Anything with chocolate, right?
    Thanks for sharing with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the spin you put on that, Angela! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. I love these boxes Amie! I especially love the yellow flower on the second box and how you folded the sides up. At what size did you cut your boxes? Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are soooo well received, thank you! That box with the yellow flower is the first one I tried. My Teammate Cathy Derouche taught us how to make them. It give all the directions and sizes on that post. The box is cut at 4.5 inches. I added the link to the other post at the end of this one. :) Here it is for you so you don't have to search: http://mimimyselfandibykigz.blogspot.com/2013/04/this-color-dare-is-dedicated-to-mom.html

      Delete
    2. no idea why my words are spaced like that, lol! :/

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!