Friday, May 31, 2013

Damask Divas Tommy and Later Sk8ter Blog Hop!



Hi everyone!  I am so excited to participate in another blog hop with my teammates!  This month we have chosen to use either Tommy or Later Sk8ter for our projects.  I was not sure which to go with, but settled on Later Sk8ter since it is more fun to type the name!  ;)

If you came from Mandy's Blog you are on the right path, but if you need to check out the order or start at the beginning, please refer to the Damask Divas Blog HERE.

I decorated this $1, 4 x 6 (picture size) wooden frame for my Dad with the wonderful blue hues of Sk8ter.  :)  It is purely coincidence that the picture matches the papers, because I found it AFTER I finished the frame!  Seriously though, I am not a bit surprised as all my projects seem to have a bit of the "NO WAY" factor to them, lately lol.  Here is my fabulous frame for my birthday!  OH, I mean Father's Day (same day this year!)  I was actually born on Father's Day, and as the oldest of those three stunning females in the picture, I am the reason my dad got to celebrate that Father's Day!  ;)  We get to celebrate together again this year!  :)


I used Mod Podge to attach the paper to the wooden frame.  When I traced it to fit, I flipped it and the paper upside down like this to get the shape right...


Next, I sanded the edges in a downward motion with my sanding kit to get it even with the edge of the frame.



My dad has a blue truck and LOVES to grill!  (AND he doesn't have internet, so my blogpost is safe!) I just so happened to have the perfect Close to My Heart My Acrylix stamp sets to embellish my frame, C1542 Perfect Fit - Dad and D1541 Fast and Furious.

Let's start at the top with the Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon.


I made a little award ribbon using The Perfect Fit - Dad My Acrylix, the 2 inch scallop punch, my liquid glass, and a couple of CS circles...I am a visual learner, so I made up a little picture tutorial for you!



You just have to be patient and let it all dry really well.  :)  If you don't have the patience, then pull out a stapler!  While it was drying, I cut a .75 inch high strip of grass on Pear CS from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge on my E2 and I made this truck with the Fast and Furious My Acrylix, brads, black buttons, liquid glass, and foam squares...


It was easier than I thought it would be to snip off the tines of the brads with my scissors.  I used an OLD pair though, not my micro-tips!  I pushed the sharp ends back into the head of the brad, inserted a foam square, and used liquid glass to attach it to the flat side of the button.  ;)  Here is a pic of what I did...


I decided to use one of the zip strips in the Later Sk8ter Packet to frame out the picture.  I like how it adds some more interest and color to the frame.  


I hope you have a good time on our hop today!  There will be a lot of beautiful artwork to take in, so take your time!  I'll put a list of all the fabulous CTMH products I used to make this at the bottom if you would like to duplicate it.  ;)

Your next stop along the hop is Traci's Blog.  Can't wait to see the rest of the projects myself! 

If you get lost at all, you can always find the complete list of Divas participating in this month's hop on the Damask Divas website HERE.  :)

Happy Hopping!

Shopping List:
Wooden Frame
Mod Podge 
Later Sk8ter Paper Packet
Fast and Furious My Acrylix
Perfect Fit - Dad My Acrylix
Buttons Black Assortment
Silver Brads
Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon
Outdoor Denim, Lagoon, Cocoa, and Black Exclusive Inks
Cricut Artiste Collection




22 comments:

  1. I love it!! AMAZING!! I love the ribbon award!!, thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thanks bunches, Shirley! :) You are so welcome!

      Delete
  2. where to begin.....I love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice ... as I was reading I kept thinking "I wonder how she made that ribbon???" And then voila, a photo tutorial. Thanks for being so thorough!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your mind before you even thought it! Amazing! ;) Thanks, my friend!

      Delete
  4. Love love love it! The truck wheels are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks! I thought they would be tricky, but nope! :)

      Delete
  5. This turned out amazing! Love,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative as always, Amie. Love the way the photo works with the papers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really meant to be, lol, thanks, Cydney! :)

      Delete
  7. Love the ribbon and the wheels idea! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are soooo creative! Your Dad is going to love this! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your dad will be thrilled when he sees this picture. The papers are so masculine and the embellishments that match his interests are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so...I think he will actually be in love with anything his girl makes, lol! Thanks for coming to see! :)

      Delete
  10. Amie...again...so creative! There are so many added details which show how well thought ideas come to life. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!