Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Birthday with a Cherry on Top!

I tried out the Happy Birthday key on the Cricut Artiste Cartridge for the first time yesterday.  I can't believe it took me so long, but you should see my list of "want to's!"  ;)

Heart 2 Heart has an April Challenge called Bake a Cake that I am entering with this card.  I hope so anyway...the linky is gone.  :(  Oh well, I am still excited about having made it!  EDITED:  I am linking this to the Heart 2 Heart Tuck it In challenge for the month instead since the other link closed early.  How awesome is it that I made an envelope!?  ;)

Anyway, here it is!


This is made with the brand new Dream Pop Paper packet that is available finally today!!!



You can get these 12 B&T Duo papers and 12 Emboss Resist Cardstock sheets for just $10 with a $35 order of regular priced products from my website!  Finish looking at my card and then go check it out!  :)

I used the Chantilly Cardmaking Kit My Acrylix to make these banners.  Cotton Candy, Sunset, and Creme Brulee Inks work well with these papers.  I very carefully trimmed the edge of the cupcake wrapper with Close to My Heart's self adhesive silver shimmer trim.  Mmmmhmmm.


I finally made an envelope liner, too!  I just cut the envelope out at 5 inches and the liner at 4.75.  Then I cut out the section that I needed for the envelope and adhered it to the inside.  I LOVE this paper as a liner!  I think it makes a yummy looking frosting too!  You can really see the glossy resist pattern on the two pictures below...


I used the retired Tiny Typewriter Alphabet to make the inside sentiment.  THAT was tricky.  


Happy, happy birthday, Betty!!!  HUGS with a cherry on top!  :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this card and the matching envelope! Thanks for always playing along, Amie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so bummed that I couldn't submit it for the cake bake, but at least it made it in for this one. Excited for May challenges!

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!