Monday, March 4, 2013

Heart 2 Heart Takes on Daylight Savings Time

Happy MONDAY!  Wait, what am I saying?!?!  Actually, I really do mean it--this is my first Monday as Guest Designer for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog, so I am super-excited to show you the project that I gave you this teeny tiny peak of yesterday.  I have to say that I was quite impressed with my iPhone pic!  ;)



Are you ready for the first challenge of March Madness?  Here it is:  Daylight Savings Time!

Now, when I think of coming to the end of Daylight Savings Time, I think...more sunshine, baby!  That means winter is about to make a final exit and usher in some warmer days.  In anticipation of many warm, sunny, sparkly days ahead, here is the card I made.


Can't you feel the warmth of this sunshine?  I used the round frame from the Frame Flair My Acrylix Stamps to make this beaming sun breaking out from behind the cloud.  This is one of my FAVORITE new stamp sets in the Spring and Summer Idea Book.  The stamp set that comes with the Chantilly Scrapbook Workshop on the Go completes the center of the sun.  I love how the rays of tan glitter paper add even more warmth to the card.  The sunbeams are created with stamps from the Patterned Pennants My Acrylix stamps using Honey, Buttercup, and Goldrush Exclusive Inks on White Daisy and Buttercup Cardstock.  Here is a peek at how I laid out the paper on the card...and then just snipped off the ends so they were even with edge of the card.



The bottom blue patterned paper is from the Surf's Up Paper Packet.



This gorgeous ribbon is the Close to My Heart Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon (For those of you who have seen my Hot Cocoa Tutorial, I can say it now, lol!!!)  I used our Goldrush Reinker, a ziplock baggie, and a spray of stamp cleaner to color it up and crinkle it.  I love this look and the subtle variation this method gives the color.  I tied up the double bow with some white bakers twine and added a little antique gold button to top it off.  I also added some tiny sparkles from the Sparkles Brown and Tan Assortment around the frame of the sun.


All of the shapes that I used for the sun and cloud are cut from the Cricut Artiste and Art Philosophy Cartridges.  I absolutely love how easy they make it to create shapes to match our stamps!

I hope you will share your interpretation of Daylight Savings Time with us over on the Heart 2 Heart Challenges this month.  You have the whole month to create something and link it up!  I can't wait to see what you make!  This month, for March Madness, you just might win a prize!!!  Thanks so much to the DT at H2H for having me along for the ride!  :)


20 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful thing to wake up to on a Monday morning. Your sneak peak didn't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to make Monday more merry! Thanks, Shelly, for making mine too! ;)

      Delete
  2. AWESOME card, Amie! I love the addition of the glitter cardstock! Congratulations on the Guest Designer as well, YOU DESERVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in fact so excited that I forgot to hit reply...lol, my response is below! ;)

      Delete
  3. THANK YOU!!! Aren't you just shocked I would use glitter paper, lol? ;) Totally excited and pumped to be at H2H this week, let me assure you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amie, I thought it was funny, too that we had such similar cards...great minds, right?? :) I love that you used the glitter paper, really adds a nice sparkle! And the cute little cloud, too!
    Can't wait to see what you share with us next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your rays of sunshine in the different patterns. Very fun bow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card!! Just makes you want to keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right, Ashlee--thanks for making me smile! :)

      Delete
  7. Love this card! I also enjoyed browsing your blog and I'm now following. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That feeling you get when one of your favorite bloggers starts following your blog. Yep, that's it! :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carolyn! :) (I just tried to tag you in this reply, isn't that sad! LOL!!!)

      Delete
  9. Just beautiful Amie. Love the glitter paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would use glitter paper on everything if I could, lol! Thanks, Dana! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!