Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Glue Dots, Chantilly, and Glitter, OH MY!

I wanted to show you guys this idea really quickly tonight, so hang on!

I recently saw a Pinterest or FB post (cannot remember and cannot find it!) about putting glue dots on Easter Eggs and then rolling them in glitter--how clever is that?!?  SO it got the wheels turning in my head, and I put some of my Martha Stewart glitter stash to work using that same technique on my cards! 

Here are a couple of first tries...


I used the glue dot mini's on this one...


 ...and the regular size glue dots on this flower.  The flower and leaf are cuts from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  That pretty flower is a stamp from the Hello Blooms My Acrylics.   The sentiment is on Card Chatter Sympathy.



Totally worth the experiment!  I really like the way this looks, and it was not hard at all!  Give it a try!  :)  If you like the stamp sets I used, they are available in my Close to My Heart Shop.  Just click the links to take you there!  :)

3 comments:

  1. love this ... but loose glitter is always dangerous even if I'm aiming it something sticky ... hmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally hear you on that one, Shelly! I think it is great! I did it right over the garbage can though, so no messy clean up and went nice and slow so I wouldn't waste any. Well, not much. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wish I could find the original idea because I totally agree! I doubt if I try it on my eggs though! ;) Thanks, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!