Friday, March 8, 2013

Mojo Time Again! :)

I haven't played at Mojo Monday for a while so I figured I would jump in this week and use the sketch for a birthday card, or two, or three that I needed to make this month.  Raise your hand if you know a lot of someones with March birthdays...what is up with that?  :)

Anyway, I have been super-addicted to the Chantilly Paper Packet lately.  I think it is the springy colors that have me craving warmer weather here in the Midwest.  It will come, it will come!

Here is my entry for Mojo Monday #283...



And here is the sketch...



You can get the bling gems I used for the center of this flower in the While Supplies Last area of my CTMH website right now for a steal!   Hurry though, because when they are gone, they are GONE!  Did you know they can be colored with permanent markers or our Alcohol Ink Markers?  Yep!

I love how this flower turned out.  I am usually very careful to not mix my inks on my ink pads, but I just HAD to try this out.  I inked up the flower stamp from the Hello Love My Acrylix in Buttercup Ink first, then rolled the edges in the Cotton Candy Ink before I stamped it!  Isn't it gorgeous tipped like that?  The cut for this flower as well as the rest of my cuts on this card are on the Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  To celebrate National  Scrapbook Month, I am offering the Artiste Collection with FREE SHIPPING!!!  Just click on THIS LINK to order! 


I have been trying out some different things with ribbon lately.  I used this Sweet Leaf Grosgrain  ribbon for leaves by folding it in half lengthwise after cutting the end at an angle.  Glue dots easily hold it in place.  The little Birthday sentiment is found on one of the My Acrylix sets that is included with the Cricut Artiste Collection!  I love this one!  I stamped it in Blush Ink onto the shape that my Expression 2 cut out so nicely for me.  I am sure glad you can see through all of our stamps to line it up just right.  ;)


I really wanted the shadows of this beautiful doily cut to show through for depth, so I popped it up with my foam tape.


The blank space at the top of the card was absolutely stressing me out for some reason.  I wanted to remain true to the sketch, so I left it out for the Mojo entry, then added some carefully trimmed Sparkles Flourishes after I was finished, lol!  Now my brain can rest!  ;)




8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I like both. The before & after Mojo versions. I have this set and it hasn't worked out for me yet so I'm eager to try your card with the rock and rolled flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lalia! I was so hesitant to try the rock and roll, but the Buttercup is super-light, so it doesn't muck up the Cotton Candy. :) I will have more cards in a week or so with this set too! LOVE them!!! Wait until you see! ;)

      Delete
  2. OK, that sparkle flourish makes your card absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you agree! That space was screaming, "fill me!" LOL!!! Thanks, Haley! :)

      Delete
  3. Love it! Absolutely LOVE it!! Great take on the sketch using the pocket as the little square. I am stealing that folded ribbon trick. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that" things, but I'm happy just stealing the idea. Hee, hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Becca! I really love finding different ways to use my ribbon--glad you like this one--steal away! :)

      Delete
  4. I had the same issue with the blank space at the top left of the sketch! I didn't add anything to my card, but I keep thinking I need to. Love the dimension on that doily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good to be in good company. I have no idea how you are holding back--I could barely get the Mojo pics snapped before I slapped on that bling! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!