Friday, March 29, 2013

Hello, Again!

Here is another card I made that started with inspiration from an embossing folder.  I saw this folder used on a beautiful card by my fellow Color My Heart DT member, Lela.  You can see her card  HERE.  I loved how it mimicked the little bird in the Hello Blooms My Acrylix, so reeeeealy needed to get my hands on it.  Lucky me, a little birdie helped me out with that!    ;)

Well, I had to use that folder asap, and here is my first card with it!  (UPDATE:  The name of the folder is Bird Scroll Frame by Darice.)


I had a little mishap with my Lagoon Ink in the bottom right corner right next to the little birdie, so kindly ignore that, lol.  Don't ask.

I cut the word Hello on my Cricut Expression 2 with the Artiste Cartridge at 1.5 inches.  I did this on White Daisy Cardstock.  Yes, I am sure.  ;)  Then I used my In the Background My Acrylix to stamp the pretty floral pattern.  It really didn't provide the contrast I was looking for against the white paper underneath, so I used my sponge to ink right over the entire word with Pear Exclusive Ink.  BINGO!  Just what I was looking for.  :)


I really like this flower stamp from Hello Blooms.  I rock and rolled this one again because I liked my first card so much.  First I inked it in Buttercup, and then I rolled it in Sunset.  Awesome!  The leaves are from the Girls Rock My Acrylix which I am also a huge fan of.  (Sorry, that's my second hanging preposition!)  I inked the leaves in Sweet Leaf and rolled in Pear.


Can you see the shimmer from my Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Pen in the pic up above?  Gotta have some sparkle!  ;)

Here you can see the inside corner of the card where I added the cute little birdie from Hello Blooms as well as another Hello sentiment.  I stamped the little guy in Sunset first and then paper-pieced the Lagoon body portion on top.



You can see all of these complete stamp sets in my online store by clicking on the links.  They are some of my favorite new sets!  Thanks for stopping in today!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love the extra touches on theembossing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LB...I just can't stop sometimes, lol. Those pens are fabulous--have you tried them?

      Delete
  2. Another great card!! That embossing folder is sweet! Will you share with me where you found it? Please....
    Happy Easter,
    Dawn M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn! Sure thing--it is the Bird Scroll Frame by Darice. I completely forgot to mention it in my post! Thanks so much for the kind words! :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty card! Love the paper pieced birdy! It's always fun to find a surprise inside the card. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!