Monday, March 18, 2013

I Mustache You to Join Us, I Really Must!

Heart 2 Heart has gone the way of the mustache for their latest March Madness challenge.  This is the funniest craze, lol!  One that I really don't quite "get," but am fully prepared to jump in on.

My daughter recently celebrated her birthday with her friends, and she just so happened to request some mustaches as party favors.  For the challenge this week, I took to the task of scrapping some of her party pics!  :{  Bwahahahaaaaaa!  We had mustaches on sticks and mustaches on straws for her party.  Take a peek...I had to try them out first, you know!  ;)




She and her friends had a fantastic time with the craze during the party and at Claire's when we went to get her ears pierced.  My layout shows the fun at Claire's...



After studying the colors in my pics, I decided to use the Claire Paper Packet....and I totally just fell off my chair typing that!!!  I NEVER saw the coincidence of it being the Claire Papers for the trip to CLAIRE"S until I typed it!!!!  Woah.  THAT was weird!  *pulls herself back together*

OK, like I was saying the colors were more perfect than I realized at the time!  I will list all of the Close to My Heart products that I used in my layout at the end of the post, but for now, I just want to show some detail pics!  WARNING!!!  Pic HEAVY!


 I don't necessarily like it, but I am super-picky about lining up the elements of my pages--especially the title.  One of the ways I deal with that obsession minor irritation is to cut out my stickers on their backing and lay it out on the page to see it like this...


That way, I know it will fit and can line them up just right before committing to sticking them down.



Isn't it crazy how this straw matches up perfectly?  This was my original inspiration for my layout.  I was putting away dishes in the kitchen when I came upon the package of straws.  WHAMMO!!!  I knew exactly what to do for the H2H Mustaches Challenge!  Then again, after the name of the paper I used, I really should not be surprised that the straw matched!


I cut the mustache from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge on black cardstock twice, and then once on my black glitter paper.  I made a sandwich around the straw with the cardstock using glue dots to keep it together.  Then I layered the glitter paper over the top, only attaching it in the middle with glue dots, for a cool dimensional effect.




Here I used my black shimmer trim as washi tape, lol.





I hope you like my layout as much as I do!  I also hope you decide to play along with us for March Madness over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges.  Be sure to use mostly Close to My Heart products and link back to H2H HERE.  You have all month to play along!  I am having a blast guest designing so far.  See you next week for the last challenge!  *sniff*  ;)

Now, just like I promised, here is my creative formulary:

Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge (scallop rectangle, flowers)
Cricut Artiste Cartridge (mustaches)
Claire Paper Packet
White Daisy, Black, Outdoor Denim, and Champagne Cardstock
Black Glitter Paper
C1538 Girls Rock My Acrylix Stamp Set
Chantilly Cardmaking Workshop My Acrylix Stamp Set
Hollyhock, Cotton Candy, and Blush Exclusive Inks
Claire Complements Canvas Shapes
Claire Assortment
Buttons Assortment Red
Wooden Mini Medley Assortment
Chevron Ribbon
Hollyhock Zipper Lace (on backorder, sorry!)
Black Shimmer Trim
Pink Glitter Gems
Oh, yes, and one bendy straw!  ;)

18 comments:

  1. Aime, this has to be the FUNNEST layout (and back story and photos) ever! Claire and moustaches?? Together?? But it works so well!! I adore all the extra touches to the layout, that black shimmer trim especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack...*Amie*.
    That's what I get for commenting on my phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...no worries! The same thing happens to me from my phone--total pain in the rear. Thanks so much! This one was super-fun to put together! :{)

      Delete
  4. Great photos of all the details you added to this so fun layout. The mustache craze is taking over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, L.B.! Isn't it the craziest thing? I feel like I need to shave now...lol!

      Delete
  5. Mustaches and Claire...only you could pull that off!! This is an adorable layout, and all the obsessing over details is what makes it over-the-top fabulous. Thanks for sharing the detail shots and explainig what you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO funny...I didn't even really think about the strange 'stache/Claire combo, lol. The name coincidence did freak me out! Thanks so much, Becca--I obsess, therefore I am. ;)

      Delete
  6. Love the layout!! Hmmm... Mustache challenge. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carolyn! Thank you my dear...do not be afraid! Stretch your mind and your imagination! ;)

      Delete
  7. I don't like it when someone finds one thing & asks a question but here goes: where are your sticker letters from? They do fit the page layout, colors etc so well. A Cricut cartridge?
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie! Glad you stopped by! No worries, and no dumb questions. ;) The letters are actual stickers from the Claire Canvas Complements in my CTMH shop here: http://mimimyselfandi.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=7153&CatalogID=1888

      Delete
  8. Claire is one of my favorite paper packs from the new catalog, and I LOVE how you incorporate moustaches into everything (even the straw)! Absolutely adorable, thank you for the excellent inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brittany! The colors in Claire are great--very versatile--plus my favorite chevron pattern! Thanks so much for the awesome complement! :)

      Delete
  9. Love your layout! The mustache bug has yet to have bitten me, lol... I can't look at chevrons or glitter paper without thinking of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had not bitten me either! That is the sweetest thing to say, Steph! :)

      Delete
  10. Amie - this is just too stinkin' cute! I picked up on that Claire/Claire's thing right away before even reading your story and I love it! Totally perfect!

    On another note, I had to do a double-take when I saw 'Oswego' as I pass through 'Owego' on my way back to visit family in Upstate NY - they look and sound so much alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad others are quicker on the draw, Carol, lol! Thanks so much! The city names are practically the same! I think there actually is an Oswego in NY state, so you might be right on! ;) It is a strangely popular name.

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!