Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hello, Artiste!

What's that?  You say you only have white cardstock and a few pattern papers in your stash to make a card?  No problem at all if you have a simple collection of Close to My Heart Inks and Stamps!  I made this gorgeous little size A2 (4.25 x 5.5 inch) card with just one pattern paper from Chantilly and my White Daisy Cardstock, then added a few embellies.



Let's start at the top and work our way down...

I have been trying to use my embossing folder stash more, and this was the perfect opportunity.  Here, I used The Paper Studio's A2 Quatrefoil folder.  This might be one of my faves!  


These flower layers are cut using my Cricut E2 Cutting Machine and the Exclusive Close to My Heart Artiste Cartridge.  You can pick up your own Artiste Collection from me with FREE shipping this month by ordering HERE!   It is found on page 44 of the handbook.  The cut actually matches one of the flower-shaped stamps from the beautiful C1540 Hello Blooms My Acrylix Stamp Set.  I adore the musical notes on the flowers!  You'll notice one of the cuts is actually the center of one of the doily cuts that I had laying around...save your scraps!  ;)

The bling in the centers of the blooms are from the Pink Glitter Gems, Sparkles Blue and Green Assortment, and Green and Blue Epoxy Bubbles.  A strip of Shimmer Trim lines the pattern paper.  If you don't like to deal with some of the trail that glitter leaves behind, these are fabulous options! 


Speaking of a glitter trail...I love this quote that my fellow consultant, Lalia found for me!


LOVE IT!!!  Thanks, Lalia!  :)
On to the sentiment...which is also found on Artiste on page 65.  I used the same flower-shaped musical note stamp to carefully put the image onto the word Hello.  It looks tricky, I know, but really wasn't that hard.


On the inside, I placed another skinny strip of pattern paper and  a layered flower.  The simplest of embellishments can make the biggest difference, so don't neglect the inside of your cards!  :)



Here is another peek at this month's Stamp of the Month--available ONLY in March from my website!  Click HERE to get it! Better yet, order $50 worth of product to get it for only $5!!!  You only have a few days left!  :)


8 comments:

  1. Love the CAS design and the pretty musical papers! It's so fun to make something out of very little and have a fantastic result such as this! I agree--make the inside look pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Thanks so much. I wish I had the time to focus on every card on the inside...it gives them such a wonderful finish! Have a blessed Easter!

      Delete
  2. Love your card! I've had a hard time with this set. I need to case your projects to see if I can make something half as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do know what you mean, Lalia! I had to have this set when I first saw it. Then until I played with it some, I was sort of stuck. Thanks for the sweet compliment!

      Delete
  3. Oh Amie, I couldn't think of a more fitting person for this phrase! Fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! So much so, I scrap lifted it, but am doing my own version and Thank you cards. Will try to post some, or email them if nothing else. You inspire me!

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!!! I love to inspire, and would really like to see it! You can email me pics at mimimyselfandi@sbcglobal.net. Can't wait to see! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!