Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Abbie! :)

Today is my niece, Abbie's, birthday!  I love this horse-loving girl so much!   I used some awesome new Close to My Heart products to personalize this adorable kraft journal, and I made her a special card to match.


These banner strips are Little pieces of Dakota B&T paper inked with Chocolate.  (Chocolate Ink, lol.)  I wrapped the front cover with Baker's Twine and tied it up with a large bling button.  These new Durables Artisan Studs were the perfect addition, and I even added one to the end of the matching pen!  Too cute!


When I first saw this beautiful new horse stamp, I knew I would use it on a project for a certain horse lovin' girl.  It is found on the Country-Born My Acrylix Stamp Set


Aren't these pens just the icing on the cake?  I found these note sets on Pick Your Plum and "picked" my bushel basket full!  ;)  This will be a true test of how they hold up to use while decorated.  :)


Here is a shot to show what the set looks like with the pen inserted.  Love it.


And now, for the card...


I used the same stamp set for this card, as well as D1525 Casual Expressions for the "Happy Birthday" sentiment with the cute rope around it.  Perfect!


More Baker's Twine in Outdoor Denim and Artisan Studs.  Don't these studs remind you of a comfy pair of jeans?  :)


Inside the card, I added a little star from Casual Expressions.  The paper underneath is the negative cut from a flower I used in THIS project.  Like I always say, I don't throw much away!  ;)  I like the femme effect it has popped up like that over the flower.  What do you think?  


Thanks for coming by today, partner!  ;)

6 comments:

  1. Perfect gift and card for your niece. One of the things i enjoy so much about this papercrafting hobby✄ is the ability to make personalized cards and gifts. Case in point, here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the things I enjoy the most, too, Caroline! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the tree peeking out from behind the mat. I've got this stamp set on my wish list too. Great job Amie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stamp set is very nice for scenes, Dana. Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  3. Love it!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!