Thursday, March 14, 2013

Color Dare #34 Kiss Me, I'm Irish! I am!

Yep, I am part Irish lass and proud of it!  That is why I cannot possibly keep from using this stamp for this week's Color My Heart Color Dare...even though it is from Verve!  The Color My Heart blog has a different Color Dare each week, and this week the colors are Olive, Sweet Leaf, and Goldrush.   I promised myself this year that I would not limit myself creatively to only one brand, even thought I love my Close to My Heart products so much.  The rest of my project is CTMH, except the frame that I already had laying around, and I really love the way the marriage turned out!  ;)
 


The neutrals I chose to go with this week's colors are Cocoa (Dark Chocolate) and Champagne with a tiny bit of Colonial White in the Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon that you see at the top.  Next to that ribbon, I stamped a strip of Sweat Leaf Cardstock with the screen background stamp from My Acrylix Stamp set D1477 Universal Backgrounds.  I stamped the beautiful sentiment in Cocoa Exclusive Ink onto Champagne Cardstock and matted it with Olive.


Each of these little  shamrocks were stamped onto Sweet Leaf Cardstock using the Olive Mini Pigment Ink and hand trimmed when dry.  They can be found on the retired Joyful Jar My Acrylix Stamp Set.  Make sure you give your pigment inks time to dry!  They sit on top of the paper instead of soaking in, so they take a bit of time.  


My background paper is one of the B&T Duos from the Florentine Paper Packet.  These leaves I stamped on the background are from a retired stamp CTMH set called Dragonfly & Friends.  I used a bit of the Bronze Glitter Glitz Gel and some Brown and Tan Sparkles to give it some interest and attract the eye.  :)



Now, just like every week, it's YOUR turn!  Make any kind of paper creation with your Sweet Leaf, Olive, and Goldrush colored supplies and link up to us over at Color My Heart!  We would love to see what you create!  :)

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, decorative piece! Lovely to keep or to receive as a gift. I've always loved that blessing--how nice to have a stamp set so you can share it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really love it as something I can reproduce. Thanks, Caroline! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for including the close up shots. I would have missed the glitter gel, and it adds such a great touch. It's a beautiful piece of art to frame a beautiful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Close up shots are my faves. :) Thanks so much, Becca!

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely blessing, and you made it beautiful. I just might have to get that stamp (or convince CTMH that they need to make one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has always been a favorite of mine. I sure wish they would!!! Thanks, Sarah! :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning job! This a favorite verse of mine. What a beautifl piece of artwork for self or a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished visiting you! :) Thanks, Pam, it is a favorite of mine as well.

      Delete
  5. Dragonfly and Friends is one of my favorite stamp sets ever! Gorgeous frame!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is totally new to me, Wendy, but those adorable bugs in the set are next! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  6. So pretty! Where did you get that sentiment? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Verve, Haley! I should have played along with Mojo Monday too, lol! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!