Thursday, March 21, 2013

Color My Heart Color Dare #35

Welcome back to another Color Dare!  Each week at Color My Heart, Sarah posts up another challenging combination of colors for you to play with.  You get to stretch your creativity, play with your Close to My Heart products, and link up your creation to enter the contest.  If she picks yours as her fave, you get to display the coveted Color Dare Diamond badge on your blog!

This week we have a beautiful combo of spring colors for you to try--Buttercup, Blush, and Sky.

I had not yet had a chance to play with my Close to My Heart Acrylix set B1420 Hello Tweety when I received my assignment on the design team, so I decided to give it a workout for this challenge.  Here is the lovely spring flavored card I came up with:


While I think it is gorgeous, I also think it is soooo sad!  How lonely does that little bird look?  :(  Perfectly fitting of the sentiment, sigh.

That Buttercup Patterned paper in the background is from the Chantilly Paper Packet and it made an absolutely fantastic looking wallpaper, didn't it?  


Because our stamps are clear, I was able to line up the cage bars to add them exactly where they should be on the little bird.


A touch of Black Shimmer Trim at the bottom to draws the eye downward.  I added the image of the little birds on a wire to the inside corner.



I have grown quite fond of this stamp set!  Here is a look at the whole thing...



Now, it's your turn to get creative!  Use these CTMH colors, or some similar, to make your very own paper creation and link up to us at the Color My Heart Color Dare!  You have until Thursday the 28th at 9pm CST!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Amie! The birds looking at each other fit the sentiment so nicely! I just might have to have this set after seeing what you've done with it!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! I am really taken with this set, too. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your pretty wallpaper birdy-in-a-cage card. I really want that stamp set! I better get to selling, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!