Tuesday, June 18, 2013

You Had Me at Chevron!

So, I was doing my usual run through FB morning routine when I saw the next Atlantic Hearts Challenge sketch.  The chevron background stopped me in my tracks.  Well, yeah, of course I can do that!

There has actually never been a more perfect set-up, because the remnants from my previous craftiness was still spread out over my workspace...and it fit PERFECTLY!!!  I just dug out my favorite paper with a chevron pattern from the Close to My Heart For Always Paper Packet, and trimmed out the background...I was done in record time with this little cutie!  :)


Here is the sketch:



The June Stamp of the Month has turned out to be a wonderful addition to my stamp collection.  I stamped this flower  in Smoothie Ink on Smoothie CS, and the leaf in Topiary Ink on Topiary CS, inking the edges as well.  These black glitter buttons remain one of my favorite embellishments.  The little bit of Hemp tied in the middle is a great touch with the gold flecks in the chevron paper.


I love the sentiments included on this stamp set too, but they would not have shown up on the bold chevron background.  I decided to solve this by cutting the word, "thanks," from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge instead.  I actually used a great layering trick that I have seen before on cards.  I cut it three times in Smoothie CS and layered them to stand out more.  LOVE the effect with a bit of Smoothie Ink on the edges for emphasis.


So glad this all came together in a flash so I could link up again with this challenge!  :)

Remember, the June Stamp of the Month won't be available for long--when June is gone, so is it!  Check it out here on my website for the amazing price of $5 with any other $50 purchase!  Just fill your cart with your wishlist and then you will be prompted to add the stamp at the discounted price.  It's that easy!  Of course you can always buy this set at the regular price of $17.95 during the month of June!

Look for more artwork on my blog using this stamp set later this week!  :)





16 comments:

  1. Love this card, it is super cute, and one I think I will CASE......thanks for sharing, and thank you for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy a sneak peak to an upcoming color challenge! Über cute card, Amie! And thanks for the reminder about the Atlantic Hearts Challenge! I ought to play with them, just for solidarity with my fellow/fella? Canadians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great trick with the letters! I had heard of that before but have never actually tried it! Your choice of smoothie with the for always paper is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I think I will use it more often since I love the effect so much...I even did it again in my next post with a different element! ;)

      Delete
  5. Cute card. Good idea to use the Cricut cut for the sentiment. It really pops. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was the vast way to add the sentiment with the bold pattern behind it, thanks!

      Delete
  6. Love you card. I have done this lettering technique before and it is just the thing to make it stand out. Good job !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! The chevrons got me, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are totally tricky like that! Thanks, Krista! :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful card! Love the layered Thanks, I had not though/heard of doing that, great idea! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!