Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Like Pina Coladas!

Hi everyone!  Welcome to my blog today!  I really DO like Pina Coladas, but I don't have any to share right now, because this post is all about Heart 2 Heart's Tropical challenge.  Awwww shucks!  ;)

Tonight I was able to squeeze in some crafty time after a crazy day playing taxi mom--I'm not complaining one little bit because that is my first calling--but I am always happy to give in to my second calling of playing with paper!  I had an idea just POP into my head, so away I ran after the kiddos were in bed.  Here is my entry!!!


I used a few different Close to My Heart embellishments including the Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon, Mini Medley Wooden Collection, Hemp Baker's Twine, and the retired March 2013 Stamp of the Month, Floral Happiness.  I also used White Daisy, Black, Outdoor Denim, Kraft, and Buttercup CS.


The sentiment is stamped in Desert Sand Ink.  I cut the shape on Black Cardstock from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge and trimmed it to fit my card.




I popped up the black frame with foam squares.  The kind I use for cards are only 1.5 mm thick, and I love the dimension they give without a whole lot of bulk.

The beautiful sunset is stamped with sponge daubers in Ruby, Autumn Terracotta, Goldrush, Sunset, and Buttercup inks.  Then I spritzed the CS with the stamp cleaner a few times to blend the colors a bit.  I folded it up in a paper towel to dry underneath my dauber case before using it on the card.


The twine fits nicely around the frame to hold the button.  :)  (Thank you, Shelly for the pretty nails!)



The final product is pretty much the vision I had in my head earlier today, so I am a happy crafter tonight!  :)  I hope I inspired you to try your own sponged sunset with your inks!  You can even make your own tropical project and link up any time until the end of June with Heart 2 Heart Challenges!   Come and play along!

Now for that Pina Colada....

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Amie! I love it--thanks for the color inspiration.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. looooooooove ... sunsets are the best and yours is a beauty. You're very welcome for the nails. You took a great photo and they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get them in the shot, you know. ;) Thanks, Shelly!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful card! I just love your interpretation of this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Linda! Thanks so much! :) That is where I envision myself sipping that Pina Colada...sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!