Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Color Me Happy!

Well this is a bittersweet week over at Heart 2 Heart.  This is the final week for the current Design Team, so we are going to miss the amazing creations these fabulous ladies share with us each month!  I want to thank them each for their inspiration and for all the tips, tricks, and tutorials they have shared. I also want to let them know that I WILL be checking in on them from time to time.  ;)

The wonderful news is that there will be a brand new DT announced later this week which we are all patiently (of course) waiting for...NOT!!!  About as patiently as I am waiting for the new Autumn/Winter Idea Book that is revealed at convention tomorrow!!!!  YES!  You heard me right...tomorrow, the CTMH consultants at convention get to see all the new products and goodies in the super-secret new cattie!!!!  Oh the suspense is crazy-intense, so I had to take a break from VBS planning this week and squeeze in some time for crafting to take my mind off of it...yeah right!  ;)

The last challenge at H2H this month is to use our favorite CTMH color in a project!  HOW AWESOME is that?  NOT at all, would be the annoying answer, lol...as I see repeated in the DT's blog posts, we seem to love ALL colors equally, lol, so choosing just one is torture almost impossible!  Now, my official favorite color is SPARKLE, so I am not sure that would count (but you bet it will be in there!)  I finally was able to settle on my favorite of each color and used them in the same design to see what I liked!  I cannot believe I haven't shown you a pic yet!  Sorry!



Ok, you cannot see all the great details without more pics!  You really need to see these at more than one angle...This first card features my favorite CTMH purple and blue--Smokey Plum and Crystal Blue!  I added some black shimmer trim for my sparkle.  ;)  The edge of the card is trimmed with a Martha Stewart Edge Punch.




Inside the card, I used the Chantilly Cardmaking WOTG My Acrylix set to stamp the two little banners that say, "Happy Birthday."


All of these card variations feature one of my FAVORITE CTMH images ever, and one of my FAVORITE people gave it to me!  It is a retired My Acrylix set called Find Your Style.  This butterfly image is simply gorgeous.

This next card shows off my two favorite warm tones from Close to My Heart, Hollyhock and Buttercup.  What can I say, I like syllables!  ;)


Do you alter your stamps?  I have done this to MANY!  I love this font and the sentiment of this one from Card Chatter--Sympathy, but I certainly didn't need the period at the end.  Easy solution--I chopped it off!  


Here it is on the inside of the card...


Finally, my most favorite two colors from CTMH (I think) right now...Lagoon and Sweet Leaf!


I really LOVE the butterfly in these two colors!  I need to use this combo more often!


 Another sentiment from Card Chatter--Sympathy finishes it off.


So, there you have it, my most favorite Close to My Heart Colors (of the moment.)  Which of my combos do you like the best?  What is your favorite CTMH color?  What's wrong?  Can't pick just one, you say?  JOIN the CLUB!!!  lol...


14 comments:

  1. Loveliness ... I would never pick a color!! These are all so pretty. I love the way you rock and rolled!! Ok I also love the shimmer trim, the punched edges, the "extra" background butterflies in black and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a dauber to add the second color--I'm too picky to just roll sometimes, lol! Thanks, Shelly!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Amie! Where do I start? I love all three cards. I do know that if I had to pick a favorite stamp, it would be that butterfly. It is perfect for showing off multiple colors and you did it so well. I love the sparkle strip and how you repeated it inside and let the edge color show though your punched border. And I plan on casing the way you put the banner sentiment out from the trim. I know what you mean about picking a favorite color, lol. That is why I picked a color scheme for my card. Again, these are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hansi! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :) Thanks so very much! :) Cannot wait to see what you do next--we can case each other back and forth, lol!

      Delete
  3. Love love LOVE!!! Bahaha...your favorite color is sparkle. If that's allowed, then it's mine, too! Love your cards...the sparkle, butterflies' perfect placement, edge punch...it's all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I always reach for it, so it must be my fave! ;) Thanks, Jayma!

      Delete
  4. I really like how you colored your butterflies, what gorgeous cards. I like the color "sparkle" too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! I knew I wasn't the only one out there, Amy! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  5. These are so so gorgeous! You are certainly talented at this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artwork as always, my friend! Love all the great color combos - can't pick a favorite as they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! Not sure if I will ever be able to pick one now...lol!

      Delete
  7. Stunning cards! But what else would we expect from you, you clever crafter! And Congratulations on being part of the H2H DT, you'll have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angela! I will miss your craftiness there! I'll have to keep tabs on you now! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!