Monday, June 24, 2013

Color Dare #48 Take Two!

So, I mentioned on Friday that I originally made up a floral themed card with this week's Color Dare colors from Close to My Heart, Smoothie and Topiary.   Appropriately enough, I used the June Stamp of the Month, A Flowering Bunch, lol.  Flowers, anyone?



I really wanted to add this glitter button in the middle, but it was kind of small to go it alone.  It was the perfect opportunity to add a flat button!  Huh?  What's that, you say?  Well, with Close to My Heart's My Acrylix stamp set Buttons, Bits, and Bobs, you can do just that!  Add a button without the bulk!  This is an amazing solution for those of you who don't like the bulk of buttons on your scrapbook pages, but like the look!  :)  The Cricut Artiste Cartridge contains the shapes that match the stamps, even down to the buttonholes!  See how I was even able to thread the Bamboo Waxy Flax right through them both?


To complement the stitching in the leaves, I added a faux stitch around the edges of the size A2 card with my Bamboo Marker.  The sentiment is stamped in Saddle Ink.  Love this color combo!



It definitely isn't too late to play along with the Color Dare this week, so play along and link up with us at Color My Heart before 9pm CST on Thursday!  :)

Also, if you find yourself drooling over this Stamp of the Month, don't wait!


When June is gone, so is this stamp set!  You can get it either at the regular price of $17.95 or for only $5 with a $50 purchase on my CTMH website HERE!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic floral fun! Great job of finding just the right embellishment for that flower center. Thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!