Friday, June 28, 2013

Stars and Stripes, of Course!

Are you ready to get patriotic with this week's Color Dare!  I sure was!  This week's challenge colors are the Close to My Heart shades of Cranberry, White Daisy, and Pacifica.  For my inspiration, what better better source than Operation Write Home and their amazing selection of sketches.  You can see them HERE.

I immediately fell in love with this one...


I dug into my stash of cricut cuts and got to work!  


If you had a chance to browse the OWH blog hop on Memorial Day weekend, then you saw my original card with this awesome sentiment tag created with the Art Philosophy Collection.  I still love it, and had plenty left over to create new designs.  :)


The top row stars are popped up for dimension.  I have a bit of a hard time keeping up with which embossing folders I use for each project, so I wrote the name of this striped one down right away--it is in the Cuttlebug James' Set.  It was THE perfect match for the stars/stripes theme!  :)

Operation Write Home is such a fantastic organization.  I encourage you to use this challenge as a springboard to participating!  Visit their website in the link above to read up on their guidelines before you get all crafty, though!  Their rules are very important!  Did you know that you must not use glitter on your donated cards?  Yep--even one tiny stray sparkle could endanger the life of a soldier because it could be seen with night-vision capabilities!  While it is tricky for me to not bling up every card I get my hands on, it is a small sacrifice compared to the ones these brave men and women make each day!



Now, are you going to go patriotic in your interpretation of this week's Color Dare?  Perhaps you will translate these colors in an entirely different direction?  Either one is FINE, just as long as you play along and link up your project with us over at the Color My Heart Color Dare!  Each week, a winner is selected to display the coveted Color Dare Diamond badge on their own blog!  It could be you this week, so give it a shot!  :)

I'll have more red, white, and blue to share with you in the days to come, so stay tuned!  :)


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dude, I think blogspot is trying to make me crazy because I have already replied to this and it is not here! Thanks, Shelly! :)

      Delete
  2. So crisp and clean. Great patriotic card, and thanks for linking up with OWH again. I'm getting ready to put a batch of cards in the mail for them (including my Color Dare cards for the week).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a newbie, so I still have to make sure I did it all right before I send mine, Becca. Thanks! Can't wait to see! :)

      Delete
  3. There are so many elements of this card that I love!--the dry embossed cranberry panel, twine ribbon holding the thank you ticket and the raised white stars. You picked a perfect OWH sketch to use for this patriotic themed card. Wonderful job!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did end up crisp with this sketch, and perfectly patriotic! Thanks, Marie! :)

      Delete
  4. Great job with the embossing, Aimie. I really like the ticket too. Really great interpretation for these colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!