Friday, June 7, 2013

Choose Your Own! :)

Yes!  This should be fun.  Are you ready to choose your own colors for this one?  Color Dare #46 is all about choice, so pick your own shades of pink, orange, and yellow!  Woo, hoo!!!!

I chose Close to My Heart Colors Smoothie, Sunset, and Buttercup.  This is such a happy combination, that I wanted to do a happy card--and if you're happy, then you sparkle.  :)


LOTS of sparkle...in the form of Silver Shimmer Trim, Sparkles Black Flourishes, Sparkles Clear Assortment, and the Glamor Glitter Alphabet.

This button and acrylic flower on my card USED to be clear.  The flower is from the Clair Assortment and the button is actually on clearance for only $1.25 on my website in While Supplies Last!

I learned a little trick from my fellow Diva teammate Stephanie Davis at The Gypsy Chic to turn them any color I want!  You just tap, tap, tap on them with your little Mini Pigment Ink Pads until they are coated how you like...sprinkle them with Clear Embossing Powder, and hit them with a shot of your heating tool!  Walla! Coordinating colored embellies for any project!  ;)  You can see Stephanie's post HERE for details and to see her amazing creation. 


This pretty flower up above is made with cuts from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge and the Hello Blooms and Hooray Bouquet My Acrylix stamps. I used Smoothie, Sunset, and Buttercup Exclusive Dye Inks.

I combined the playful Buttercup and Smoothie retired Dotty for You paper and Chantilly Textiles with the elegant script B&T Duo of For Always.  Somehow, it totally worked!   The bottom front of the card is edged with the Martha Stewart Scallop Dot Edger Punch and trimmed out with a ruffle of the textiles.


Just in case you would like to give this ruffle a try, there are several consultants who have put together tutorials on the process.  There are probably tons of them on YouTube.  I used my ATG as the adhesive base for mine and proceeded like this:



Here is a look at how I covered up the rough edges of the ruffle on the inside of the card with a bit of heavily adhesived CS and some more shimmer trim...



So, which shades of Pink, Orange, and Yellow will YOU choose?  Play along with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare this week and link up to us by Thursday the 13th in order to be considered for the coveted Color Dare Diamond Blog Badge!  :) 

8 comments:

  1. Stunning card and wonderful tutorial about the fabric. I love this fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card for sure. Love the fun swirls of sparkle you added to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi L.B.! I need to get some more of those for sure! :)

      Delete
  3. How did I miss that the bottom part was fabric??? Such a bright, summery card. Thanks for all the close ups and tutorial. I just might be CASE'ing this one in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, lol! Thanks so much for the compliment! :)

      Delete
  4. I didn't notice the ruffle at first either, with all the other bounteous beauties (embellies) on this card. It is SO happy! Great tutorial on how NOT to bother with a sewing machine. My craft table is so full of Big Shot, Cricut, etc, that I seldom break out the Singer. Lovely job, as always, Amie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, thanks, Caroline! I don't even own a sewing machine, lol...thank goodness! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!