Friday, June 21, 2013

Color Dare Time Again!

Hi everyone!  Another week has flown by, so here we go with another Color My Heart Color Dare.  Our challenge colors this week are Close to My Heart Smoothie and Topiary.  A great pair for summer and flowers!  I popped out some flower cards, but really wanted to give the challenge a bit more of a go...sooooooo I grabbed my Close to My Heart My Acrylix B1408 Buttons, Bits, and Bobs and got to work.  Somehow, I managed to end up back at flowers!!!  Take a peek...


I did not intend to make a flower, let me be perfectly clear about that.  It just kind of GREW into one!  My neutrals that I chose this week were Saddle, Bamboo, and White Daisy.


I stamped the buttons in Smoothie Ink.  I used the Bling buttons that are available in the clearance section of my website for the flower button.  Crazy low prices over there, but low supplies so check them out fast!  The centers are all tied with bits of Bamboo Waxy Flax.  Then I realized that the little stem on the June Stamp of the Month, S1306 A Flowering Bunch, would be amazing on that round button!  Yeah...and just like that I was back at floral arrangements, lol. 

One of the amazing things about Close to My Heart stamps is that they are completely flexible.  I curved this stem on the acrylic block to make it just the right shape for my card.  It is like having 20 stamps in one!  LOVE!


I have to admit that the sentiment I started with from the same SOTM was not anything I saw as card-worthy until I used it here.  I envisioned it in scrapbook layouts, but found out it makes an amazing card sentiment too!  Those Bitty Sparkles were MADE to enhance this font--they are the perfect size to fit the flourishes.  What do you think?


I will show you my floral cards a little bit later, but for now--it's YOUR turn to make a project using the Close to My Heart colors Smoothie and Topiary, or something similar if you don't have those two.  Link up with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare to compete for the Color Dare Diamond Badge for your blog! 

12 comments:

  1. I love that your flower grew in the middle of this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the top five cards I've seen using this button stamp set. It's a wonderful card and it makes me want to forget the dishes in the sink and rush to the art room to create. :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fantastic compliment! Thanks, tjhubner, I am smiling now! :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the idea you used to put a row of buttons with a unique one stuck in the middle of the uniform ones. Making it a flower was a work of genius! I really like the bitty sparkles on the font! Great card, Amie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! It really didn't start off in my head this way...it totally grew on me! ;) I am serious! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful card--I love the buttons and the flower with stem. thanks for sharing your idea for using the sentiment "Uniquely You!" Love the bling on the greeting, too!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sentiment was truly made for bling! Thanks, Marie! :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE the sparkly sentiment and the row of buttons--it does look like that flower just grew to join its button buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, if only you knew! In my head it was just buttons...but I had a flower by the time it was finished. ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Amie -

    I just love this card! So creative and wonderful use of the stem stamp! You rock girl!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally a grin geek right now--thanks so much, Paige!

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!