Friday, June 14, 2013

Honey, Honey!

Hi everyone!  Welcome back for another Color Dare challenge with Color My Heart.  Today we introduce a single color challenge using the Close to My Heart color, Honey.

Let me tell you that life on a design team is rewarding, yet can be hectic at times as well.  I'd like to give a big shout out to all my fellow DT members at Color My Heart for all the time they put into their amazing creations each week, including the Queen of Color herself, Sarah!  Awesome and inspiring work, girls!  :)

This week, I was swamped with crazy summer schedules and fun.  I knew I didn't have a huge window of time to spend on designing my project.  In fact, I was in the middle of another assignment AND having fun with two of my friends when this one hit me SMACK in the forehead!  The end result was a trendy CAS card that was also quite quick to put together!



I used the newly released, A True Thank You for the sentiment, stamping it in White Daisy Pigment Ink.  This stamp fits perfectly on a 2 x 2 block.  One hundred percent of the profits from this stamp will be donated to the American Red Cross to aid relief efforts after the Oklahoma tornadoes.

I had actually made the little Polaroid frame for an entirely different reason, but when this idea came to me, I lost track of what my other purpose had originally been, lol!   Such is the creative brain at times!  ;)  My family loves me in spite of it.  Most of the time. 

The distressed chevrons on the card are stamped in Honey Ink from the D1540 In the Background My Acrylix Set.  I popped the sentiment up on foam squares over the chevies, and THAT, my friends, is a WRAP!



This was a really good reminder to me that a wonderful and pleasing card doesn't need to have hours of work involved to make it that way!  :)

I hope you have fun with our challenge this week to use the Close to My Heart color Honey (or one that is similar) in a project along with any neutrals you choose.  Link up with us over at Color My Heart to play along, and YOU just might get to display the Color Dare Diamond on YOUR blog or page!  :)

10 comments:

  1. Love the simple clean look on this. Yellow (honey) really pops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi L.B.! Simple and clean is really refreshing for me, thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Amy, I totally love this and the the thank-you TOTALLY suits the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Thanks you! I kept having to slap my hand to stop there...and not add anything else! ;)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! Eye-catching, fun and trendy all at once. And finished on time! You're right that quick and simple can be equally satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingo! I might just need to go with this style more often! ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Amie I just love the look of your card! I love Honey one of my fav colors that CTMH carries! I love the stamp set! It looks great on that black! Chalkbaord look is awesome for that stamp! Great as always!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amie!

    This is such a gorgeous and CAS card! I LOVE it! (and am going to have to case it!!) Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Michelle, thanks so much for the great compliment! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!