Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Washi Wednesday Meets Bible Journaling

Wellllllllllllll.....

It has definitely been awhile since I have posted a Bible Journaling update.  I know.  I haven't had nearly enough time to dabble...until lately!  I was able to finally get my Chapters washi'd (that IS really a term, you know.)  Check it out...


Let me tell you, this was more relaxing than I thought it would be, but it isn't for the faint of heart.  I didn't measure or anything, just eye-balled lining up the washi tape (some of them are on CLEARANCE right now on my website) along the edge while trimming it off with my non-stick micro-tip scissors.  The corners are definitely not all perfect and some of the strips wander, but let me tell you I love it!  The project came together just as imperfectly as I did!  ;) 

I only used the washi tape on the first page of each chapter.  I ran it along the length of the side and folded half underneath.

AND I wouldn't have it any other way.  There is a lot to be said for recognizing and admitting imperfections.  So why would I try to place perfection where I absolutely do not require it?  Jesus did that for me!  I am a work in progress, and by Bible Journaling certainly is too.  Freedom is absolutely freeing, isn't it? 

Thanks for taking a peek today.  I will be back in one week with another Bible Journaling update (and also tomorrow with another crafty CTMH creation!)  Have a wonderful rest of the week!


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Amie!!! Ushing Washi Tape is an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing! You have a very loving Soul! God bless you Amie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks so much! Your kind words are a blessing, Tammy! I agree--I have seen so many examples of this and just love the way it all comes together! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!