Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Anniversary Card with Cricut Artistry

Tomorrow is my 20th wedding anniversary.  It is pretty crazy to read those words in black and white, let me tell you.

I had this awesome little tree stump cut from the Cricut Artistry Cartridge just sitting around for a while, so I decided to use it on a card for the hubs...


I used the Zoe Paper Packet and Compliments for the top card, as well as some leftover Kraft CS hearts from the same cartridge.  The sentiment is found on a Hostess Rewards My Acrylix call Say It All.  You can earn one FREE by hosting your own Close to My Heart gathering with your friends or by joining my NEW Frequent Buyers Club!!!  (Click HERE for more details.)

Then, I realized I could actually make the card into an entirely different season pretty easily...


The leaves and acorns I used in this version were from a wreath image (also on Artistry) I had used on several gift tags in a previous workshop HERE.  I just LOVE using up shapes I have already cut out!  :)

Which version/season do YOU like the best?  


6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a card! I like the first one with the tiny scattered hearts. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Katy! So much more environmentally friendly to carve our initials in a paper tree, lol! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! I like the fall theme one best, but perhaps that's because fall is my favorite season and I got a grand total of three weeks this year. Alaska moves from summer to winter without dilly-dallying around. Anyway...that tree stump was one I thought would be left alone, but I love the way you put your initials in the heart. Might be stealing this idea for some anniversary cards I need to send soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I remember you guys went from, "oooo, look, the leaves are falling" to "SNOW!" in the blink of an eye! LOVE that you want to replicate it, so please lift away!!! :) I would love to see a version with snow!

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!