Sunday, February 28, 2016

Freshly Made Sunshine

One of the reasons I LOVE being able to play along with the sketches over at Freshly Made Sketches is that I really have fun writing the blog post title!  ;)



The new sketch this week begged for some sunshine today, so I whipped out the Close to My Heart March Stamp of the Month, Sunshine Birdies.  Here's your sneak peek!


I used my watercolor paints, paper, and medium round brush to create the background. The sun was stamped first in Memento Ink, but I wasn't happy with the dullness after I painted, so I took a fine tip black marker over it again.

A sprinkle of Pretty Pink Posh sequins gives a little sparkle to the flat paint.  I colored the sentiment with my ShinHan markers and trimmed it out into a flat-bottomed cloud.  I wasn't done yet, though--I added some vellum cloud layers and white gelly roll accents.


I LOVE how it turned out!  Thanks for the great sketch, Jen!  :)



10 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card! This scene you've created is fantastic - great mix of image and background. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are the sweetest thing! Thanks so much, Narelle! :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card, Amie! I love the watercolored background and sparkly sequins. thanks for bringing a smile to my face today with your cheery card!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marie! You are most welcome...and I must say the same right back at ya! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on being named a princess at Freshly Made Sketches! Your card is adorable. I love all the dimension you created with your cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! Great use of vellum and I love the watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayma!!! I am trying to find different ways to use my vellum. :)

      Delete
  5. LOL! I'm glad we inspire such creative blog post titles! And I'm glad we inspired your pretty card too! I love the vellum cloud and the scattered sequins. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, Jen! Thank you! I think adding, "freshly made," to just about anything makes it more interesting and fun! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!