Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tag (You're It!) Tuesday: It's For the Birds

Welcome back to my blog for another Tag (You're It!) creation!

This tag is dedicated to the birds who were forced to take a break from building their nests when it SNOWED yesterday, April 14th, in what is turning out to be THE LONGEST winter in the history of my life!  (That sentence probably is too!)  ;)

Alas, I have ZERO control over the weather here in the Midwest, but I am in FULL control over my creation today!  Take THAT, snow!

I am just head over heals for this one, and I hope you are too!


Wouldn't this be perfect for some candy eggs?  Chocolate, of course.  I ate mine already, so I just used another kind of candy...hmmm better get to the store before the weekend!  Ooops!  ;)  Anywhoooo, I am linking up with the Simon Says Happy Easter and/or Sweet Treats Challenge!



I used the following Close to My Heart products to make this little treat bag and tag:

Cricut Art Philosophy Collection (cartridge and dimensional elements tag)
Desert Sand CS
Pink Glitter Paper
Black and Grey Glitter Paper
Brown and Tan Glitter Paper
Burlap Ribbon
Skylark Textiles
Mini Medley Accents Wooden Collection (hemp baker's twine)

Let me show you how easy this was to make!  Did you notice there were no stamps used?  ;)

Start off by cutting a length of Burlap Ribbon that is just longer than your tag shape.  Then trim off each side that has the thicker cord...


 Now you can separate all the little fibers of burlap...


I used the Dimensional Elements Tag shape to have a sturdy base for the tag.  You can cut the same shape tag out of the Desert Sand CS and attach it to the chipboard tag with Bonding Memories Glue.

Squeeze out a nice layer of liquid glass onto the CS to apply the pieces of the nest...


You don't have to be neat about this part...just lay the longer threads of burlap fiber out to overlap the sides and hang off the edges of the tag a bit...


It ends up looking nice and irregular with some extra space between the fibers...so you can just go back and add some of the shorter pieces of burlap to fill in the gaps while adding little drops of liquid glass as you do...


Walla!


The egg shape I used is also found on the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.

Did you hear you can get this cartridge for FREE this month?  Did you hear you can actually get over $425 worth of amazing CTMH products and business supplies for only $99???  It is all true!  There are no strings attached at all to join my Close to My Heart team this month!  Whether you are looking to build a business from home or just build a collection of amazing products for a great discount, you are welcome to take advantage of this limited time offer!  You can actually choose any of the three Close to My Heart exclusive Cricut cartridges for FREE when you purchase the New Consultant Kit pictured below for just $99 with $15 to ship it out.  THAT'S IT!  No commitment, no strings!  Of course, I would LOVE to help you get off the ground running with your very own business, but the choice is yours.  :)  Team Been There, Blinged That is growing and would love to have you!  I really don't want you to miss this opportunity, so if you are interested, follow this link HERE for way more details!  If you have already made up your mind, then click HERE to join me and choose your FREE Cricut Collection!  :)




2 comments:

  1. You're a GENIUS, Kigz!!!! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and your nest is so creative, Amie! Amazing colours and textures, too. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Easter or Sweet Treats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!