Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Cricut Artbooking Mini Album with Ariana

Hi everyone!  I am soooooooo excited to be guest designing for the amazing ladies over at the Color My Heart Color Dare this week!   I haven't had much time to jump in on any challenges lately, so this one really got my juices flowing.  This week, the challenge is to use the beautifully coordinated colors in the Ariana Paper Packet from Close to My Heart.


I think this might just be my favorite paper pack right now.  (Have I said that before?)  ;)

Anyway, I was super excited to use this paper packet to make the adorable 8 x 3.5 inch Love Mini-Album on pages 48 and 49 of the Cricut Artbooking Cartridge


My oldest daughter graduates from high school next month, so I made this album using all the "yearly" photos I have left over from other albums so far.  I will be displaying it at her graduation party for everyone to see her transformation into the beautiful young lady who starts college in the fall.  (Take a peek while I run for the tissues!)


I don't think I will ever run out of tears over this!  Just when I think I am good, they flow again.  Sigh.  Focus on the paper, Amie...FOCUS...focus....

One of the reasons I adore Ariana is that it has a wonderful pack of coordinating Chipboard Complements available to adorn the pages of your scrapbooks.  I added some Bitty Sparkles to the flowers here and backed the banner cut from Artbooking with my Tan Glitter Paper.


Artbooking is truly a scrapbooker's dream come true!  I simply set the dial at 8" and chose the papers to cut each shape.  You don't have to figure out any other sizes unless you want to!  Otherwise, they each fit perfectly on the mini album pictured above when cut at 8" with Relative Dial Size.  (Real Dial Size turned OFF)

The "My First" and "Little One" sentiments are found on p.50 and 51 of the handbook and I cut them just the size I wanted with Real Dial Size in Outdoor Denim CS.


The album is simply bound with these jump rings, with pieces of Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon and Retired Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon tied to them for a softer feel.


This is only the cover page of my album, there are many pages left to be seen!  Tune in next week to see more of them!  :)

I have had a FABULOUS time Guest Designing for the challenge this week!  Thanks so very much for asking me!  :)

Please come play along with us over at the Color Dare by creating something with the colors of Ariana!

Need some Ariana?  Check it out on my website, mimimyselfandi.ctmh.com!



6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Ariana project, Amie--with just the right amount of bling! Your use of the Artbooking cartridge to create all the embellishments is very creative. We are so happy that you accepted our invitation to be a Guest Designer for Color My Heart Color Dare as your artwork really rocks. I like your new watermark too! Thanks for sharing your talent with us once again!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marie! It was my pleasure to join you TALENTED ladies this week! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh this is so pretty! Congrats on your first "little one" graduating! It is such a bitter sweet time in our lives. Try to stay in the moment; it is so easy to get wrapped up in the details of the clothes, party, photography, relatives, etc we miss the "moments" we are celebrating! Cry all you want; my son went to the website of a tissue company and had tissues sent to me before his graduation! Of course I cried when I opened them! Thank goodness he was at school and didn't see that!! Again, Congrats and Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Katrina! It is such a comfort to hear from other moms who have survived this! ;) I am treasuring each and every moment! :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful album, Amie! I would love to see the rest of it. You always do such gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better tune in tomorrow then, wink, wink!!! ;) Thanks for adding some sparkle to my day, Janet! HUGS!

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!