Friday, April 4, 2014

Pick a Posey with Ivy Lane

I love making cards to bring a bit of sparkle to someone's day.  Here is a recent card I made for a friend that features the Ivy Lane Paper Packet and the Pick a Posey My Acrylix Stamp set.


I don't know what it is about a script-style patterned paper, but I just love them.  I matted this paper with a bit of Sweet Leaf Cardstock.  The sentiment I used is from the Lifting Spirits My Acrylix.  The shape behind the flower is a leftover cut from the Cricut Artiste Collection.  I save lots of extra cuts for occasions just like this! 


The beautiful Posey is stamped in Smokey Plum Exclusive Ink on the same color CS.  I LOVE that Close to My Heart has matching inks and cardstock!  I used the Mini Pigment Ink in Sweet Leaf found on the Whimsey Ink Tower to stamp the leaves directly on the Ivy Lane PP in the background.  The strip of paper through the middle of the background is a Zip Strip cut from the edge of the Ivy Lane Paper.  All of Close to My Heart's pattern papers have this feature, and they add a lot of "zip" to your projects, so are very aptly named!  ;) 


 I hand cut another flower stamped on Colonial White CS and placed it on the inside of the card...


I had originally tried it on the front this way, but opted for the darker flower...


I think the darker flower gave it more pop.  What about you?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!