Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Keeping Memories Alive through Scrapbooking and Papercrafting

To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die.

                     ~Thomas Campbell


Almost one year ago, I made this cheerful and uplifting banner for a friend battling cancer.  Remember these gorgeous colors in Dream Pop?


Last night, Betty was finally made whole again when she went to be with our Lord. I cannot believe it has really been a whole year already since her battle began.

Keeping friends and family alive in our hearts through memories is so important.  As my memory fades, I am ever thankful to have the pictures and albums to remind me of faces long lost and moments long gone.  Scrapbooking is way more than a hobby...it is preserving memories of those we love and leaving them for those who love us.

I feel so blessed to have known someone with such SPARKLE in her step!  If anyone ever left a trail of glitter, it was Betty V.  Rest safely in Jesus arms until we meet, my friend!

8 comments:

  1. A very sweet tribute. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie, I'm so sorry. What a beautiful banner. I'm glad you have pix to remember you're friend by. Scrapbooking isn't just therapy for today when you create the pages but for the future too. Hugs to you, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct about it being therapy! Thanks so much, Lalia. Hugs back.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear of your friend's passing, Amie. Thoughts and prayers are with you, family, and friends! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelly...please pray for her husband, Charlie.

      Delete
  4. So happy for her as she is whole again; so sad for her friends and family as they move on. Prayers and uplifting thoughts with you, Charlie, and her other family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!