Saturday, July 29, 2017

An Irish Birthday Blessings Card for a Game of Thrones Fan

Today is my sister's birthday!  She just got home from an amazing trip around England/Ireland including a tour of the filming locations one of her favorite shows, Game of Thrones.  Now, I haven't ever even seen one episode of GOT, but I decided to make her a card designed to take her back!


I combined some brand new products arriving next month from Close to My Heart for this one...including the gorgeous new basic grey, Charcoal, for my base.  I cannot believe I don't have a pic of the inside of the card!  It shows the amazing new feature of the Close to My Heart CS--the softer tone reverse side!  All the solid color CS except White Daisy and Black will soon have this feature and some of the packs are already available!

I also used one of my fast favorite product lines...the Fundamentals!  I combined the NEW Basics pack (floral print) with two colors from the Adventure set (Willow green watercolor pattern and this beautiful Pacifica ombre watercolor pattern...)
 

Here is the cut I used for this card on my Cricut Explore machine...

Those big white clouds are cut using a die from the Little Dreamer Scrapbook Set on my Sizzix Big Shot.  I'll have a layout created with this set up next week right here, so be sure to check in!

IF I had remembered to take a pic of the inside of the card, you would see I chose a beautiful sentiment from Verve called Blessings.  It says, "birthday blessings" with this beautiful verse following, "May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door."

Happy, happy birthday, Sis!  :)

Just a few more days!

ONLY in July!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!