Monday, July 17, 2017

A Birthday Card and a Bear Called Jack

I've been super swamped lately with "house" stuff.  Seriously would consider a tiny home if I could have a second one for my crafts!  ;)

Thank goodness for a back-log of projects I made with the Close to My Heart Jack Cardmaking Stamp and Die set.  This bear.  I cannot explain my love--because bears are not really high on my list of creatures in real life.  Not by a long shot.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger--but bears, they will kill you!  I like to think my fear is a "healthy" fear.  ;)

Anyhow, this little guy who I just like to call Jack is SOOOO incredibly versatile!  And if you know my crafty self, versatile is a must.


I am definitely not what I would call an experienced "artist" when it comes to coloring, but we can't all be good at everything, so I'm willing to cut myself some slack.  Luckily, the ShinHan Touch Twin markers make it enjoyable and the results smooth themselves out to a point. I like the Mahogany for his fur. My go to ink for coloring stamped images with no embossing is Memento.  Always.

This set mixes so easily with others since this little guy has adjustable arms--he can hold virtually any item!  I used the candle from the Sweet Birthday Stamp and Die set.  (PLEASE NOTE:  You will want to wait to purchase this one if you haven't yet!  It will be available in August as a set with the die included.  Only the stamp set is currently available.  I know it will be tempting to get this one during Stampaganza right now, but you will NOT be able to purchase the dies separately later, only in the set!!!)

One of my new favorite easy-button techniques is attaching burlap ribbon with the Mini Stapler...



I also used one of my favorite card kits right now...Workshops Your Way Let's Party.  I just love this sentiment for the inside...


The papers I used on this one come in the Jack Paper Pack (mmmmm, those trees!) and the Let's Party Kit.  I will have some more Jack to show you later this week!  :)

Never let anyone dull your sparkle!

Only in July!

Buy two get one free!!!!!!  Really!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!