Friday, July 21, 2017

Red, White, and Anything BUT Blue

Here came July...and there it almost goes! What in the world is it about the days after July 4th?  They just seem to melt away.

Blog Hops with Heart is celebrating with a bit of a twist on your usual patriotic July motif--Red, White, and Anything BUT Blue!  You are probably arriving from Becca's Blog, but if not, you will get there if you keep following our links at the end of each post.

I must confess, the Cubbies fan in me had a really hard time getting past the "no Blue" mandate...we're talking paper torture, people.  I mean, come on...no blue???  Who does that?  I put it off for DAYS as I found some relief painting our garage THE actual, legit Cubbie Blue from Benjamin Moore Paint (I will post some pics before and after when I have it all put back together!)  I honestly don't think I would have survived otherwise!


Soooooo, I will be the first to admit I LOVE the end result of my torture, hahaha! I have been wanting to use the So Many Smiles stamp set from Close to My Heart again for eons, and now seemed the perfect time to add some color punch with the Cranberry red against black and white.  Since it is DEFINITELY not blue, I threw in a bit of a sneak peek of Close to My Heart's new color of the year available starting in August--Bashful!  (Technically a shade of red, mind you, right Becca?)  ;)  The real POP happened when I threw in the Willow green leaves. 


I don't know about you, but I adore Jennifer McGuire's blog and have found SO many techniques to try over there...including this one.  I layered three "hello" die cuts to make it stand up and out.  My original idea included a layer of Bashful Glitter Paper--but the white was a bit more stunning, albeit less glittery, lol.  I intentionally left all bling (again the torture!!!) off this card in the end as I felt it really needed to let the paper and ink speak for itself.



You are now on your way over to Kelly's Blog to see her rendition of "blueless" red and white!  Enjoy!!!  Here is a complete line-up if you ever get lost along the way...


Amie (that's me!)




Did you hear!?!?


1 comment:

  1. No blue and no bling?! Who are you?! HAHA! Gorgeous card, Amie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!