Monday, September 30, 2013

Going Au Naturale at Heart 2 Heart with the Close to My Heart Kraft Container

Hi everyone!  I probably say this a lot, but isn't the time just FLYING by?  It is already Team Sunset's turn to wow you with our projects and get your creative juices flowing for the first Heart 2 Heart Challenge for the month of October!!!

After a good, hearty giggle among the DT members, the "Au Naturale" theme for this month took my mind to mother nature and all things Kraft.  Very soon I was raking my way down the leafy path of creating something for Thanksgiving with the My Creations Kraft Container.  I would like to share with you my Blessings Bank.



I used the Close to My Heart Always Grateful My Acrylix Stamp Set to make the tree shape and the "always grateful" bands along the top and bottom of the container.  I stamped the leaves in first and second generation Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta, and Ruby Inks with the "leaves" stamp from the Cityscape My Acrylix.


Both the shape that the tree is stamped on and the background woodgrain shape are cut from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge exclusively from Close to My Heart.  The gorgeous little woodgrain is a  pattern in the Universal Backgrounds My Acrylix set.  I simply stamped it in Chocolate Ink on Chocolate CS.

The Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain ribbon encircles the container behind the focal shapes.  Mocha Opaques stud the wood and trim pieces.




I wanted the lid to be very basic with minimal decoration to get in the way of opening and closing the Bank.  Each day in November, I want my family to write one blessing on a leaf I cut with the Artiste Cartridge and "deposit" it inside.  In the future, when we might not be feeling very blessed, we can "make a withdrawal" and read them to remind ourselves how many things we have to thank God for each day that we tend to take for granted.  :)

I thought this sentiment from the Always Grateful stamps was JUST the perfect one for the lid...


Gratitude...may you always know your blessings!

We would feel SO blessed if you would make up your own project for our theme, Au Naturale, and link up with us over at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog!  You have the entire month of October to play along.  God bless YOU until we meet back here again!  :)

Since today is the last day of September and National Stamping Month, don't forget to order the September Stamp of the Month:


and the Triple Stamp Set, You Are My Happy!




TODAY is the LAST day to get them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amie, I love this Blessings Bank! The bank is as beautiful as what it represents. This would be a wonderful activity at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I am inspired to make something like this for one of our holiday gatherings. Thanks for sharing this lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!