Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Fundamental Father's Day Frame

It was a whirlwind of a weekend, so I didn't quite get my father-in-law's gift blogged.  Fast forward a few days and now I have 3% or so left of my wifi usage left, so I must type with haste!!!

In short, my in-laws are selling their home which my hubby's grandfather actually built.  It is a bittersweet time for them (and us) so when my FIL showed me this amazing sunset he captured on his phone of all things, I knew in a heartbeat what I needed to do.


Isn't it stunning!?!?  I wish I had seen it in person.  At least I can capture the moment for them to take with to their next home.  I am smitten with this world map paper from the Close to My Heart Memo Fundamentals.  It was honestly hard to chop it up!  Placing a purple heart glitter gem on their location on the map was the perfect personalization (is that a word?) along with the address under the picture...


I just used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the wooden frame, and then added a few more coats, letting them dry in between...


It was really an easy project, but I knew when I saw him open it that it meant SO much more!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!