Sunday, June 25, 2017

Freshly Made Jawsome!

Whew!  Just when I was on a roll yesterday, my internet decided to conk out...but it's back in business this morning, so lets get this thing posted!

I simply CANNOT get enough of this little guy right now...he's just THAT jawsome.  I combined the current challenges from Lawn Fawnatics and Freshly Made Sketches to give myself a good excuse to play with him again!  ;)


I also found a GREAT place to take some shots of my creations!  I don't have a dedicated space yet for this purpose, but this is the best I have found yet!

As you can see, I flipped the FMS sketch on its side so I could incorporate that fabulous Word Bubble Border die.  This was the springboard for my entire card!  :)

I haven't used my watercolors as much as I would like, so I was just trying to get a nice and subtle ombre of color in the ocean water.  I also tried a little water splatter on the finished watercolor background.  I'll have to play a bit more to get the results I wanted...I think it was too dry already.

See the layer of lined vellum that mats the watercolor?  Love that subtle addition...

So, this inside sentiment goes against every one of my "mom" instincts, (and I can't count the number of times I have told the girls to not use that word) but I just could not resist!!!


Isn't it PERFECT!?!?!  Duh!  Too fun.

Thanks for popping in to take a peek!  :)



Here is a list of my supplies for this one:

Close to My Heart products with links to my website
Value Pack White Card Bases with Envelopes
Uptown Fundamentals (striped vellum sheet)
Prickly Pear Sequins
Archival Ink
Watercolor Paints
Watercolor Paper
Watercolor Brushes
Waterbrush Small

Other Products:
MFT Stitched Rectangle Dies
Lawn Fawn Duh-Nuh Stamps and Dies
Lawn Fawn Word Bubble Border Die
Lawn Fawn Ocean Waves Accents
Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Sequins
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins
Copics Sketch T0, T3, O
Memento Ink Tuxedo Black



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your creative use of this sketch!! How fun to have a speech bubble for the shark. I love your watercolored water and the fin lurking in the background is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fun card! The inside greeting is perfect in this context :) Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!