Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Little Mermaid Birthday Card

I always LOVE when a customer returns for another one of my card creations.  You know what is even BETTER though?  When the card you are asked to make is for one of your BFFs!

Yesterday was my friend, Beth's birthday, and I am finally able to share the special shaker card I was able to create.  :)

There just isn't an easy way to capture a card with so much bling going on, lol.  The light bounces every which way.  I used my Close to My Heart Teal Glitter Paper, Lagoon, Glacier, Sweet Leaf, and Champagne CS, and Kraft paper for this one, as well as some clear acetate packaging and misc. loose sequins.

The little mermaid is found on the Cricut Life's a Beach Cartridge.  Let me tell you I haven't touched a cartridge other than my CTMH carts in FOREVER!  I used the coordinating card cut feature as well (seriously, who knew THAT was on there?) to create an adorable shaker feature.

The happy birthday sentiment is found on the Joyful Birthday My Acrylix.

Here is a peek at some of the details of the cut...


It was relatively easy to line everything up size-wise on the free Cricut Explore Design Space software, but I was reeeeeeeally missing my Relative Size button.  I still have a lot of learning to do on my machine!  :)

I hope this card inspires you to try out some of YOUR Cricut cartridges collecting dust!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!