Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy Surprise Sweet Sixteen!

Well, I told you that I had something in the works for a while, and it is finished!  We threw my daughter a sweet sixteen party today and it went off without a hitch!  She was so confused when she walked in, lol.  I had been working on the invites, and the banner and the decorations since May.  It was worth all of the sneaking around and late nights though to pull one over on her!

Here are the invites:


I used an older stamp set that I got from my upline just for the occasion called It's Your Day and an older set called Backgrounds and Borders.  The little zebra striped glittery flag on the top right of the card is Recollections Glitter on a Roll.  I LOVE this stuff!!!  It has its own sticky backing once you figure out how to remove the paper, lol...


I made these easy table decorations with the scepter cut from the Life's A Party Cricut Cartridge and two Art Philosophy Cartridge cuts on my Cricut E2.  The number is stamped with the Bohemian Alphabet numbers in Pansy Purple.  I absolutely love this set!  These 3D creations were quite sturdy after being filled with tootsie roll midgies, and they doubled as the guest's treat box!  I attached the top to a sucker stick and stuck it down in the paper scepter using a thin line of Liquid Glass to keep it in place.


I purchased the CTMH My Creations Banner and used my Art Philosophy cartridge to make this fabulous birthday banner.  It took quite some time and a bit of sneakiness to get it all done.  Sooooo worth it!




The birthday girl!  Happy, happy birthday, my love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!