Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Just Beat the Buzzer!

I almost forgot my post today!  I have been working on my Degrees in the Close to My Heart Training Academy, and got completely carried away tonight!  I have a quick scrapbook layout to share with you tonight.   This is a fun beach layout using Footloose, Elemental, and Dotty papers.  I also used Outdoor Denim, New England Ivy, and Desert Sand cardstock.


 I like how the orange Dotty paper brings out the orange in the other elements.   A bit of baker's twine finished off the orange.  The flip flops are from the Just Chillin' My Acrylix Set.  The word "sunset" is stamped with letters in the Keepsake Alphabet.


My favorite part of the layout is the palm tree that I fashioned with cardstock.  I love to use and abuse the paper to make it look like something entirely different!


Tearing this water boarder added some texture and a pop of white for contrast.


I used the sea shell and the sun from the Footloose Complements as well as a metal tag from the Sunset Mini Medley.  Behind this tag, I used a length of the Outdoor Denim ribbon from that color mini medley.


Thanks for looking!

NOTE:  Alright, so the post was at midnight!  I will just have to double up today!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. It's Grandma Florida! Love what you did on these pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is! Thanks so much--it is definitely fun and motivating to scrap such wonderful memories! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!