Friday, August 22, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #88: Texture

I just can't help it.  I see the word TEXTURE and immediately grab an embossing folder.  I just LOVE them!   This time was no different as I joined in for the Lawnscaping Challenge this week.  I even grabbed a sketch from my friends over at Freshly Made Sketches for this one!





This time, my trusty embossing folder didn't quite cut it though.  I had stamped the birch trees in Saddle Ink using my new Season of Thanks My Acrylix stamps from Close to My Heart.  I then ran the paper through with the falling snow embossing folder, sanding it down for the snow to show in front of the trees.  Brilliant, right?  Eh.  Not so much as it totally lost dimension AND the ink sort of left a brownish tinge due to my haste.  Stickles to the rescue!


See the difference they made?


You can REALLY see the texture with the lighting at this angle...


Even if it is 90 degrees in the shade outside, it is snowing in here!  :)

Thanks for popping in!  :)

Get it HERE!


Get the details HERE! 


8 comments:

  1. Love this wintry scene! That embossed snow is wonderful! And yes sanding it down was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! I love the pops of color against the neutral background. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you have turned the sketch and added trees!! And your stickle snow is a lovely touch! Thank you for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card,Amie!! Love the snow!! Great job!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing is so great on this card, and perfect for this challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. ack!! so so so cute!! LOVE that falling snow stencil!!! and the white yellow with gold trees...amazing!!!! love that red cardinal too!! this card is incredible! thanks so much for joining us at the lawnscaping challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, awesome background! The stickles really helped to make the falling snow stand out! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!