Friday, December 6, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Sale Meets the Color Dare!

TGIF!!!  Or maybe I should say, TGICDD?  Because it IS Color Dare Day!  ;)

It is also the 6th day of my 12 Days of Christmas Sale, so let's get on with our latest challenge so you can see today's deal!



Oh, man, was a biiiiiiit nervous when I sat down to think this one out since I had been out of the craft room for so long.  I was coming off a loooong week of taking care of my hubs and his brand new cyborg hip, and I had almost no motivation to craft at the moment, let alone make something with Barn Red.  I decided to use the houndstooth pattern from the retired Dakota Paper Packet.  All of a sudden, while I pieced together Kraft CS and some embellies, I noticed the zip strip from the paper edge...and the rest is history!



I have no idea why it is so hard to edit Kraft CS...so bear with me.  Not only was I back in the crafting saddle again, but Santa was back in HIS too!  I LOVE THIS!!!!  The tag shape itself is found on the Cricut Artiste Collection.  I used several different Close to My Heart products to pull this tag together with a western theme.  Some are retired, unfortunately, but others soon will be too!  This white hemp I tied at the top around a mini clothes pin will be going soon.  I added just a bit of the silver washi on the clip that I had colored with the silver marker.


I used my favorite stamp from the Santa Clause My Acrylix to make the sleigh and reindeer in Barn Red.   I layered the zip strip, silver washi tape, Licorice Opaques, and retired Milepost Shapes Star underneath the image.


I love the distressed look of using our silver marker on the star!  :)  How about you?

Are you ready to get back in the creative saddle again?  Just whip up a creation using barn red or a similar red with all neutrals, and link up with us over at the Color My Heart Color Dare!

NOW, are you ready for today's SALE???  :)  Here you go!


That is right!  ANY order from my website today earns my customers a free monogram stamp!  Just place your order on my website HERE,  and then let me know which letter monogram to send you!  It really is that easy!  :)  Happy Friday to you!

Be sure to check out all the new clearance items over in While Supplies Last before they are gone, too!!!  SOOOO many new things for around $2!  

8 comments:

  1. No reason for any nervousness! This is really fun. I'm inspired to try something like this one for my son's gift since he's my rider over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am smiling from ear to ear, Katrina, thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. That is sooooooooooooo stinkin' adorable. Y'all have a real gift for going outside the box. I'm not much of a Santa or a country person BUT I could change my ways just for a cute thing like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your country drawl, Shelly! Thanks so much, you sweet thang! It always amazes me how my style can change with what I am using on a given day. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this tag! I stamped Santa with Chocolate on Kraft and love that look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lynn! Ooooo, that sounds perfect! :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!