Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Damask Divas Sparkle and Shine Blog Hop!



Welcome to my blog for the shiniest hop this year!  ;)  If you arrived from Jamie's Blog, then you are on the right path.  If not, just check out the Damask Divas Blog for the entire line up!  :)


I finally had a chance to play with my new paper, and love how it looks with this simple card design!  I have had this one brewing in my mind for a while, using the tree as the letter 'A' in PEACE.  I had no idea it would work so perfectly with the Tree Delights My Acrylix and the Framework Alphabet!

Now, you sure can't tell in the first picture, but take a look at this one close up!


The lettering is stamped in Juniper Ink, while the tree was stamped with Versamark and sprinkled with Close to My Heart's Silver Embossing Powder.  The heating tool just shines it right up to match the silver color in the new Sparkle and Shine patterned papers!   I am really loving the softer look of the Juniper rather than the more traditional green for Christmas papers.

I trimmed the edge of the White Daisy card front with the Scallop Border Punch for a different look.  Hope you are inspired to try something new with my card, but now you are off to Tammy's Blog for another amazing paper creation!  Have a fantastic time on the hop!

Remember, if you get lost, jut pop on over to the Damask Divas Blog for the entire line-up!  :)

Don't forget to pick up the Stamp of the Month, Scandinavian Wishes before October ends!  :)

9 comments:

  1. How clever to make the tree form the A! A cute contemporary card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such fun and wonderful cards! Love them! Great job Amie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love how you used the tree as an 'A'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amie, I love it! I'm seeing all kinds of things I need to add to my next order! I'm thinking I need to come spend a weekend and learn some awesome tips from you Amie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are gifted! Love the bling and silver embossed tree! It makes me want spray paint my tree in Silver this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your design, Amie! Your sparkly tree gets a big A from me, too! ~ScrappyGram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the "A"! Love the embossing, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!