Thursday, October 31, 2013

Damask Divas Huntington Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Damask Divas Huntington Blog hop!



If you arrived from Hillary's Blog, then you are on the right path.  If you would like to start at the beginning of our hop, just head on over to the Damask Divas Blog for the entire line-up!  The blog hop starts on November 1st, so don't worry if some of the links aren't up yet!

I wanted to use Huntington for a home decor piece since the colors would be just wonderful for Thanksgiving, or even Christmas.  I think the gorgeous wall cone that that I came up with would work well for both!


This came out even better than I had hoped!  I didn't want it to be too busy, so I limited my embellishments to keep it clean and simple. The cone and the poinsettia are both cuts found on the Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  The cone is cut from one of the B&T papers from Huntington at the largest possible size on a 12 x 12 mat.  The beautiful accent paper is cut at the same setting on relative dial size using the shift key so they will be sized perfectly to go together.

This poinsettia is cut on the Barn Red CS and inked in the same color along all the edges.  I layered the cuts ranging in size from 1.75 to 2.25 inches.  A beautiful sparkle from the Rosewood Mini Medley Accents Collection adds just the right amount of bling.


I took an old bunch of faux flowers that were actually white and pink and colored them with my Barn Red Alcohol Ink Marker.  I love that I was able to match them to my papers without going out and spending any money on new greenery!  :)


I hung it by attaching the new Jute Ribbon with a brad from the Mini Medley Accents Antique Gold Collection on each side.  They were SO easy to slip through the weave of the jute!  The final touch was trimming the top with some Bronze Shimmer Trim.  You simply MUST have this amazing color of our Shimmer Trim!  It coordinates so beautifully with the Huntington Papers.


You can even hang this from a doorknob!


That's it for me on this hop!  Your next stop will be Jamie's Blog, so hop on over and see what amazing ideas she has for you today!  Thanks for popping in!  :)

Don't forget to check out this month's NEW November Stamp of the Month, Illuminate!  Just $5 with a $50 purchase!





5 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is really pretty! This would make a lovely hostess gift for Thanksgiving; the recipient could then use if for Christmas, also! I'll have to lift this idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. This I will be trying for sure.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Amie! Love the flower on it! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!