Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blue Christmas for Muse Challenge

Happy Halloween!  And now, let's jump to Christmas!  ;)

I am BACK in the challenge saddle!  I had a chance to goof around a bit after doing what I HAD to do today, and it was quite the cram session!  All the cards I made have a similar theme, but they have completely different FEEL.

The first one is for the current Muse Challenge.  The Muse card is by Janet Ribet...

Muse Card by Janet Ribet
I just love the cool winter color scheme she went with for her card.  Also, I happen to HAVE that embossing folder!  A plan began to evolve in my head, so I tried to get it onto paper just as fast!


You might recognize this design from an earlier Christmas card I made with these same Close to My Heart stamps, Tree Delights and Framework Alphabet.  I stamped them here in Crystal Blue ink before using my embossing folder over the image.

At the bottom of the card, I tore pieces of White Daisy CS and layered them into a snowy landscape.  I actually had a wonderful spool of trim to use along the bottom as in the Muse card as well. 


This star is from the Sparkle Holiday Shapes, a NEW item in our Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide!  I adore these sparkly outlines!  I noticed that the Muse card also uses some iridescent glitter, so I added some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel to the stars on the tree.  A few Sparkles, and the tree was done!


I can't wait to show you my other two cards like this...the same, but different!  ;)

5 comments:

  1. I love it! That trim it perfect and (of course) it sparkles! You are making me want to try a white on white card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hansi! Ooooo, I want to see when you make it! I am sure it will be stunning! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shimmer with the gems and sparkly trim. Thanks for playing in the Muse Card Club challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! LOVED using this one as inspiration!

      Delete
  3. This is a cool and sparkly take on Janet's Muse - thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!