Friday, October 11, 2013

Color Dare #64 Cramberry Meets Her Match

What day is it?!

Nope, not hump day, lol...it is Friday, so time for another Color Dare!

This week, you get to make a color choice!  Use whichever color you like with Close to My Heart Cranberry, plus neutrals, of course!

In the process of creating my DT card, I stumbled on two different color combinations and could not decide which to use!  Lucky you will get to see BOTH....eventually!  In this first card, I paired Cranberry up with her friend Sky...


Can you guess where my inspiration came from?  The vision I started with in my head was that of the poor little tree in the Charlie Brown Christmas movie.   After that, I was not sure where my card would go.  I DO like where it ended up, though!  :)

Let's start quickly with the background of my card.  I used a sponge dauber and hand trimmed "snowy hill stencil" to lightly pat Sky Exclusive Dye Ink onto the card base to hopefully create a winter wonderland.  This is my first time trying this particular technique, so be kind, lol.

I cut a tree shape using my Close to My Heart exclusive Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge on my Expression 2 cutting machine.  It had too many branches, so I chopped two of them off.

The ornament is found on the retired Christmas Love My Acrylix.  I stamped it in Cranberry Exclusive Dye Ink and added some sparkle with one of my new favorite toys, the Wink of Stella Glitter pen. 


This sentiment was JUST what I wanted to say with my card.  It is found on the retired Card Chatter Christmas My Acrylix.  I inked up part of it in Chocolate Ink, and after cleaning it off really well, used the Cranberry Ink to stamp the word "heart."  I completed the sentiment on the inside with the same method, stamping the word "air" in Sky.  Love it!


Are you up for the challenge?  Ready to match up Cranberry with another color to create a paper project of your own?   Link up with us over at the Color My Heart Color Dare by NOON on Thursday, October 17th to play along!  We can't wait to see what you make!  :)

I will have another card for you using Cranberry next week, so stay tuned!  :)

I am linking up again with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge since I have used my Close to My Heart clear acrylic stamps!  Thanks, SSS, for the awesome challenges!  

6 comments:

  1. I can hear Schroeder playing, and Linus reading that part from Luke as i look at your card...very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to like this comment, lol! No like button here! ;) Thanks, Caroline!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card! I love the snow scene, the tree and the sentiment! Great job! :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect sentiment for your fabulous card!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!