Sunday, August 23, 2015

Freshly Made Seaside Celebration!

Looks like I picked the PERFECT weekend to get crafty again! 

Freshly Made Sketches is celebrating their 200th sketch challenge just in time for me to jump in and play along...




I made this card to give my oldest as she heads off this week for another year away at college--on the beach.  What can I say, she has it rough, lol. 

I used one of my favorite papers right now, the soon to be retired Seaside Paper Packet from Close to My Heart.  I added some Champagne CS for the sand, Desert Sand and Cocoa Exclusive Inks, and a wonderful fence image from the Seaside Greetings My Acrylix to recreate the sketch.  Then I added my chosen sentiment from the Documenting Moments My Acrylix by not inking up the last word on the stamp.

Congratulations to Freshly Made Sketches on their 200th sketch!!!  A great BIG THANK YOU for keeping me inspired!

Be sure to come back on Wednesday to see the Display Tray I re-created that proved to be my inspiration for the background on this one! :)

FREE stamp with the new Marker Roll Up this month!



12 comments:

  1. I love this! I may have moved a hundred miles up river, but I am still a beach girl and this evokes the calm I feel when I am there. Your daughter is going to love this, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hansi! How did you ever leave? I just love visiting the ocean and can't wait to escape there to retire. ;)

      Delete
  2. This is so serene and beautiful! Makes me long for the beach! Thank you for helping us celebrate 200 at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card, LOVE the ELEGANT design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just fabulous! I am loving the beachy scene you've created. thanks for joining in our 200th challenge at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beach scene that you created for your interpretation of the FMS 200th sketch challenge. It makes me totally want to go to the beach today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the sketch Amie! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!