Monday, January 23, 2017

Hello Snow TCS Cut File Layout

I did it!!! 

The whole reason I purchased the Cricut Explore when I already had a perfectly good Expression 2 (and others, lol) was to be able to upload cut files other than those on Cricut Cartridges. 

AND I finally used one on a scrapbook layout!  :)


My crafty friend, Kelly, was INSTRUMENTAL in getting me through this process...she makes the BEST process videos and made THIS ONE that explains how to use a cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  It is at the end of her blog post, so scroll on down after you follow the link.  ;) 

ANYhow...as you can see in her video, it's pretty much a process of slicing and duplicating images over and over so takes patience at first to get the hang of it.  I used some of her tricks to make the title in White Daisy, Peacock, and Sea Glass CS from Close to My Heart...

I used a polka dotty Kraft base from the Rustic Home Fundamentals for the layout.
I really love to use my scraps, and did I EVER come up with a clever way to use my glitter paper die cut leftovers...as icicles!


I used another TCS file to make the bottom border of trees and mountains...adding some Emerald CS, All Together Complement bits, and leftover cricut scraps from the snowflakes!  ;)

My journaling is pretty limited sometimes, but I always make sure to include a date and names!

This was a super-fun intro for me into the world of cut files...and I will be posting something up on my Instagram to play along with the new CUT IT OUT challenge!  I can't wait to have time for more!  Are YOU scrapping with cut files? 

#tcscutitout






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!