Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Sparkling New Year!

I am SO glad you stopped in today because DO WE ever have a treat for you!

The ladies over at Blog Hops with Heart are ringing in 2017 with a little bit whole lot of Sparkle!

Let me say, that pictures can not do this little piece of work justice!  I tried in several different settings and lighting, and could not get a shot that I loved.  I hope you can imagine how much it really shines!


I am not a resolution girl at all...so I have taken a more "thematic" approach to my New Year.  I have been told I have a sparkly personality, and I have amazing strands of glitter sprouting in my hair, let me tell you.  I think this theme is really going to suit me...


I was able to use a variety of new toys on this project.  The yummy sprinkle paper is found in the new Paper Suite from Close to My Heart called Sugar Rush.  (They completely had me at "sugar.") ;)  


I embossed the image with Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder after stamping in Versamark Ink.  This Keep Calm sentiment is one of my faves from Papertrey Ink.  It came in the amazing Make It Market Kit called Shakers and Sprinkles.  I look forward to using this kit together more with my new sprinkle paper!


The highlight of the project is definitely the Sparkle shaker.  This die cut comes in the brand NEW My Girl Complements from Close to My Heart.  I used a combination of elements from the Papertrey Ink Kit, random sequins from my stash, and some stitched rectangle dies from My Creative Time to fashion the shaker element.

I spy Sea Glass Glitter Paper!  :)
My theme inspiration hangs perfectly meshed on my picture wall in the foyer.  Hopefully this little reminder leads me to calmly sparkle my way through 2017!   


Thanks for sticking with me through all those pics!  Now follow the trail of glitter to Becca's Blog for some more sparkle and shine!  Happy New Year!

Here's the whole line up for our hop...ENJOY!

Me!








4 comments:

  1. You are literally killing me. The sparkle is a shaker. I love it so much!! It's seriously fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Amie! Love that you turned the die cut into a shaker and that you transformed all of these pieces into wall art! Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. LOVE. This! So you, and such a perfect addition to your feature wall. My favorite part is how you added "shaker" elements to something you won't be shaking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sparkle shaker is so awesome!!! I just love all the little details you add. Such a clever use of a Compliments pack! Your whole gallery wall is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!